Another new guy

-

Rob

Reaction score
I guess I should have started here and introduced myself, got excited and started posting elsewhere first. I'm pretty much addicted to cars and their restoration, more of an obsession than a hobby really. I'm an equal opportunity guy, if it's nice I like it, Chebby, Ferd, Mopar, whatever, I want them all :) I'm more into the restomod, street rod theme unless it's something rare and numbers matching. My project collection, and in order I think in terms of getting to them:

70 Duster - just got this in the summer and it got bumped to the head of the pack, always wanted a Mopar :)

65 Stang convertible - I've welded in new floors, inner rockers, torque box, fender extension, rear cowl, still some more to go.

59 TR3 - bought it 30 years ago, has 72,000 original miles, no rust, needs paint mostly and a new interior.

51 Chebby pickup street rod - frame is finished (mustang ll r&p steering, 10 bolt rear, TPI with 700R) I have a perfect 48 cab that I got out of Mott S. Dakota for it.

I'm just finishing an 80 Camaro for my daughter, painted it a couple of months ago and I'm working on the interior, dyeing and reupholstering.

I do pretty much all the work myself, paint, body etc., so it takes a year or two to finish a car since I have a job that gets in the way. Remarkably my wife lets me get away with all this. :)

:salute: Wecome Rob, and injoy this site.

I sure do! :thumbup:

Attachments

• untitled funny.bmp
    20.2 KB · Views: 121
Welcome Rob, don't take it personally if you catch me bad mouthing the Chebbies, it's just me. I can't make jokes about the minorities cause it ain"t politically correct anymore so I chose Chebby owners instead.

Terry

No worries, you guys can slag on Chebbys all you want, I won't take offense. I usually do the same about Fords and I have 2 of them :)

Definitely gonna have a good time looking around this site and getting to know some of you guys.

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes it is an odd assortment isn't it, like I said I like them all. There's also the daily drivers so space is really a problem. The wife wasn't to happy with me when I bought the Duster but it was too late by then. My theory is to buy 1st and beg forgiveness 2nd :) She's come around though and picked the color she wants me to spray it, sublime green, can't wait.

Cheers Rob :thumbup:

scan0003.jpg

pic4.JPG

Very nice Jim!! Did you add the (6 pack?) hood to the Duster? I was hoping to do that too but I'm not sure who the best source for it is, I've heard that quality can be an issue. I know from all the welding I'vd done that patch panels trypically need modification before you can use them.

-
Back