Another new guy

-

moparracer

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Joe from Maine. I saw this site and just had to join, a lot of great stuff here. I'm into drag racing and muscle cars, all Mopars of course. Nice to meet you.

Welcome ! That is one sweet lookin Duster, Nice and neat. Beauty color too !
383barracuda1rc.jpg

Hey Joe! Welcome to the board. Nasty looking Duster (not that I'm partial to 74 Dusters or anything). What track do you usually run at?

Look out Adam, the Dusters are taking this place over bro! I smell a fish fry :mrgreen:

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to like it here. fastback383's Cuda brings back memories, the first car I owned, which I bought the last day of high school in '88, was a 69 Barracuda 340 auto, B5 exterior B5 int. Needless to say I'm fond of B5.
I usually run at Oxford Dragway in Maine,which is 5 miles from my house, occasionally head to New England Dragway, and to Canada a couple of times a summer to either Sanair or Napierville dragway. Took last summer off with health concerns start racing again sat. the 30th at Oxford, can't wait.
My combo in this car veries, the motor that runs 10.30s-10.40's, which I built for a friends tube chassis 67 Barracuda but ended up in my car, had a modified and epoxied Indy intake,ported 906's,Ross pistons,Ultradyne cam,and 950 holley. The motor that I just put back in the car which runs 10.70's has an M1 intake,950 holley,ported 915's, TRW flatops, Direct Connection rods, and an ancient custom ground Cam Dynamics mushroom lifter cam that just works great. Both engines run the same Milodon dual line oiling system, Turbo Action converter, and modified 2 in. b-body Hooker Super Comps. While this current engine is a little slower it is still a fun ride. The car is all steel except fiberglass front bumper and and Feather Duster hood which has an aluminum inner structure. Current weight, 3400 lbs with me in it.
Later, Joe

BigEdsGarage said:
Look out Adam, the Dusters are taking this place over bro! I smell a fish fry :mrgreen:

Im gonna have to go fishing. Not enough Barracuda in the tank. :D

-
Back