Another Newbie

-

Ron Middleton

Reaction score
Just dropped by to say hello and commend those on this forum. I posted yesterday for my first time, without a an introduction first, and was sent a very nice PM from one of the members. Just want to say thanks, I hope to learn, share and enjoy this forum and although I don't currently have an a-body car I am process of re-creating my first A-Body car the former Taylor & Wolff "Super Duster", BB/FC Duster. The original car was built by Lil John Buttera for Tom McEwen then was sold by McEwen to Pat Brinegar and renamed the "Arkansas Razorback" as a Demon and then to Taylor & Wolff where is was named the "Super Duster" and driven by Gary Henderson(last known for working at Comp Cams). Although the original body disappeared back in the early eighties(because Jim and I changed the car to a econo-altered roadster) and eventually became a 4 linked BB Chevy powered bracket car. The chassis hasn't been run in years and current owner won't sell at reasonable price so I've decided to just re-create the car(currently working with Taylor on this) as a Nostalgia Fuel Funny.
Hopefully I can have the car ready in a year or two.
anyways, "Hello" to all.
Ron

Welcome to the forum. Would love to see any old picture you have of the car you are going to recreate.
Wayne

gary_henderson_super_duster_july_1976.jpg

Welcome aboard the board ! Sit back and relax and enjoy the ride. We occasionally slam the pedal down so hang on !

:)

-RPM

Hey Ron, welcome aboard! You aren't too far from me ... great to have you and your Duster aboard. You'll have a blast here.

Just dropped by to say hello and commend those on this forum. I posted yesterday for my first time, without a an introduction first, and was sent a very nice PM from one of the members. Just want to say thanks, I hope to learn, share and enjoy this forum and although I don't currently have an a-body car I am process of re-creating my first A-Body car the former Taylor & Wolff "Super Duster", BB/FC Duster. The original car was built by Lil John Buttera for Tom McEwen then was sold by McEwen to Pat Brinegar and renamed the "Arkansas Razorback" as a Demon and then to Taylor & Wolff where is was named the "Super Duster" and driven by Gary Henderson(last known for working at Comp Cams). Although the original body disappeared back in the early eighties(because Jim and I changed the car to a econo-altered roadster) and eventually became a 4 linked BB Chevy powered bracket car. The chassis hasn't been run in years and current owner won't sell at reasonable price so I've decided to just re-create the car(currently working with Taylor on this) as a Nostalgia Fuel Funny.
Hopefully I can have the car ready in a year or two.
anyways, "Hello" to all.
Ron

Hmmmm.....
Not real sure about any PM, but I do know when you make your first post on a "new to you" website, you really know when to speak up and what to say. I for one am very glad to have you here!
Thanks Again!
Welcome to FABO & don't forget about us when you need help with your special car you're building!8)

75-86.jpg

75-87.jpg

-
Back