Another no fuel mystery

-

Fishercuda

Reaction score
Long story short, went out of state for two weeks leaving the barracuda to sit. Came back and she wont start.

I can clearly see that there is no gas running into the filter when I press the accelerator pedal. Everything was running fine prior to my departure.

I live Virginia so I can't imagine it's a frozen line. Can fuel pumps fail from sitting to long unused? Maybe the line is just clogged. If that's the case, what is SOP for clearing a fuel line?

Thanks!

Gas will not run into the filter when you press the pedal, unless you are cranking or have the key on. If you have a mechanical pump it should flow during cranking. If it is electric it should flow on key on. It could be a diaphragm in the fuel pump, clogged filter, old gas, etc... pull off the fuel line, put it in a jar and crank it a few time to see if there is flow. If not, start back tracking to see if there is a plugged line or filter. If not you need a pump. It may not even be a fuel problem, but going with your guess I would check these things first.

-
Back