another oklahoman

-

mikekin

Reaction score
Hello my name is mike. I am new to the mopar world and having a good time so far. I bought a 73 duster that is a 71 demon clone. From what I can see its a 360 car with a set of eddy rpm heads. It runs good I drove from enid ok to Miami ok then to mokan dragway and raced all on the same day (2.73 gear and a 24 inch tall tire got about 16mpg on the 780 mile weekend). Went 13.71 at 101 with the rockers loose and a 500 cfm edelbrock carb. then drove it home at the end of the weekend. Since then I have added a explorer 8.8 set of 6.5 backspaced race stars and some 28x10.5 et streets. then I got a tachometer a new 110gph fuel pump and fuel pressure gauge. last trip to the track with parts added managed to go 13.8 at 94 but collapsed a lifter I think. So waiting on funds to get new cam and lifters and what ever else it needs to make it run good again.:hello2:

Welcome from SC Mike.

Looks like a really fun project and seemed to run pretty darn good too. Make sure you inspect the old cam and lifters good when you break her down, just to be sure you didn't lose a lobe/lifter a spread metal thru the engine. Also, what gears were in the new 8.8?

-
Back