Another pinion angle question

-

daredevil

Reaction score
Trans is 2* down so pinion should be 2* up. Got that at rest no shims.How many * should I allow for 4456/4457 s/s springs in a 3400 lb coronet? Should I add a 4* shim to be 2* down at rest and run the snubber close to the floor to limit the axle wrap under accelleration? Or do I need more than 4* difference between pinion and yoke with s/s springs at rest? What i,m trying to say is will the springs flex more than 4* under normal driving power. I can control wrap up under launch with the snubber.

no you shouldn't be 2 deg up, you want to be zeroed underload, so you need to adjust it for the amount it will move

no you shouldn't be 2 deg up, you want to be zeroed underload, so you need to adjust it for the amount it will move

Think you are misunderstanding my post. 2 up pinion is cancelling 2 down trans at rest.So how much should i shim down for compensating for the spring flex? Or where should pinion be in relation to ground using ss springs with a 2* down trans angle?

Basically, what you need to do, is have a buddy video the launch. Put some white grease on the pinion snubber; see if it is hitting. Then adjust from there.

-
Back