Another problem

-

snoreen40

Reaction score
Ok guys. Installing my new B&M Star shifter. Running into a problem. The bracket that mounts to the trans for the cable is too close to the bell housing so there is no way to run the cable and besides that I have TTI headers everywhere. Everyone told me this shifter will work. The only thing I can see would be to bend the bracket. So I can maybe run the cable at an angle. But they also say not to put too much bend in the cable or it may not work. Has anyone ever installed this shifter into a 67 Dart GT with a crate 360(magnum engine) and 727 trans? I've already reworked the floor (made a new stand inside) so my console will fit back into the car.

I'll try to get some shots tomorrow nite. Car is on jack stands and its hard to get under with a camera.

I have a star shifter on my 340 dart with hooker headers and it went together easy

It is just a small metal bracket. Open your mind to lengthening, bending, shortening, doing whatever you need to do. It's a modified automobile. Few things will just fall in place and bolt on without modifications. It's all part of the hobby.

if you have right bracket it should bolt right on. go to BM website. search around, download the info.

It is just a small metal bracket. Open your mind to lengthening, bending, shortening, doing whatever you need to do. It's a modified automobile. Few things will just fall in place and bolt on without modifications. It's all part of the hobby.

Most accurate statement, in my 3 plus years, here...

The only problim i had was the tranny line had a wicked bend to clear the bracket.You run into that yet.

-
Back