Another Request For Help Decoding a VIN

-

'64 Cuda

Reaction score
I've seen others ask & now I'm doing it too. I tried to use the VIN decoder but had no luck. I'm not sure what numbers to put into it. It kept saying the number was too short.
I also tried taking photos of the plate to post but my kids seem to have lost the cable for downloading pics off of the camera so that's not gonna' work either. I'll try to tell you what it looks like & maybe one of you can help me out. This is from my 1964 Barracuda.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
3 1 5 38 8 2

SO NUMBER BDY TRM PNT
0703 3182 V49 P5Y WWA

That's about as close as I can get to what it looks like. When I talked to Legendary the other day they said the trim code wasn't correct for a 64 but was good for a 65. Thanks for the help guys &/or gals. (Whatever trips your trigger! :-D )

I just previewed the post & the numbers aren't lining up where they should. I tried fixing it but couldn't. Don't know if it matters, but in the row of numbers below the alphabet the 3 is under the A, the 1 is under the F, the 5 is under the H, the 38 is under the M&N, the 8 is under the T, & the 2 is under the W.

In the last couple of lines the SO is over the 70, 3182 is under UMBE, 49 is under BD, 5Y is under TR, & WA is under PN.

thats not the v.i.n. vin number is the serial number of the car the number you posted is the fender tag which will tell paint colors and options. the f.a.b.o.vin decoder is for the serial number only

-
Back