Another Rotisserie Post

-

4ever69

Reaction score
I've looking all over for a less expensive either outright buying one or fabricating, and for cost of some the less expensive ones, doesn't seem like I can do one for much less than $1000, which wouldn't be an issue if I planned on using it again...

I guess across the pond they call them roll over jigs, probably not big on bbq over there..

Anyway, looking at their A frame design, looks more of a simple design and I've seen them with a screw that draws to two legs together to raise the vehicle. Yah I know they use them for Mini's and small crap boxes, but the one company lists 67 and 70 Mustang application.

Just looking for some thoughts...

rollover-slider1a.png

I found free plans for one on the web and built it for around $700 total for all material. If you look through my photo garage you will see it.

Last edited:
Right exactly the Redwing plans. I can buy a Redline system for about $1000, not worth the difference price for my time...

If I can build something for $500 or less, then I might think about it..

I guess you didn't read the first post, they have the same setup for 67 and 70 Mustangs...

Spreading the load the way they do with 2 members instead of the single vertical, is a much better, stronger way of doing it.

CR

I bought a Titan Rot-4500 brand new and shipped to a commercial address for a little under $1000, it made sense to me to just buy one instead of making one by the time you figure your labor time and cost of materials.
And with all the want ads in my area looking for one if I decide to sell after my projects are done I could probably make back 75% of what I paid for it. Just my 2cents.

Totally agree, I looked at all the single post designs, and just the material cost alone was enough to say it wasn't worth my time, and I'm a fabricator with all the right tools.

That's why this design intrigued me, simple, few parts, very good design...

I’ve got about 130 into mine, though I had a few pieces around already. Car has been on & off it a few times over the last 4 years.
4 years ago
E5BF8B2E-C0A1-4E52-BE48-972B25AF0254.jpeg

Today
4880579E-4E18-43F2-B349-AEF53BE07463.jpeg

603E0FB3-F918-4A68-B50F-5AEC31228930.jpeg

Here's my take on it, a quick solidworks drawing.... 2x2 sqr tube, 1-1/2 solid shaft

End Assembly.JPG

Right exactly the Redwing plans. I can buy a Redline system for about $1000, not worth the difference price for my time...

If I can build something for $500 or less, then I might think about it..
I built the redwing. Was lucky and got most of the steel free. Got about 200 bucks tied up in jacks and casters. Been offered 1200 bucks for it. Seems you could make back what it costs to build pretty easy..

I built the redwing. Was lucky and got most of the steel free. Got about 200 bucks tied up in jacks and casters. Been offered 1200 bucks for it. Seems you could make back what it costs to build pretty easy..
Pics?

You can see em in the background in this pic. It's at work so I'm seeing what I got on my phone.
20180715_121632.jpg

Some random pics as i was building. I can get full pics tomorrow if interested.
20150614_144415.jpg

20150614_144351.jpg

20150809_190859.jpg

I'm assuming you'll have some reinforcement stantions front to back for support on the main legs and your reinforcement of the center of the A.
Why? I'm a welder by trade, 11ga tube, and plenty of surface to weld, it ain't going anywhere. You start over welding things, you actual weaken the material you weld. Very rarely unless it's an inexperienced welder, does it break at the weld, it almost always fails next to the weld, the haz.

Exactly what I'm saying, if I was going to build a post style rotisserie, no doubt I would build the Redwing, but I don't get my metal for free, and if I purchased everything, I could go out and buy one already made for a few hundred bucks more. I saw on the FB a bodie project page, some just went and bought 2 hf hd engine stands and bolted it to the car!!! Says it works.... These shells aren't that heavy, everything out of them, I doubt they are more that 1000lbs, so 500lbs a end, even 800 and end, isnt that much of s stress, I've built bridges!!!

CR

Excellent! Yes, I would love more pics. It seems that I just acquired a new welding machine that I would happy to play with. I might find an excuse to MIG,TIG AND Stick just because...
My Yard Dart definitely needs a ride on the roller-over!

I saw on the FB a bodie project page, some just went and bought 2 hf hd engine stands and bolted it to the car!!!

I've given some thoughts to just that approach and then I saw someone's pics of a similar arrangement. They had added height and width to those stands; it looked sketchy as a coathanger cane pole. I decided to build something that looked more substantial. The pics above look very nice, indeed.
I would wonder about the possible need for a tiebar at floor level just to help with say, rolling the whole thing in/out of the garage(?)
Clearly, I'd prefer to find a local CL buy on a used one, but building one sounds cool, too.

I've given some thoughts to just that approach and then I saw someone's pics of a similar arrangement. They had added height and width to those stands; it looked sketchy as a coathanger cane pole. I decided to build something that looked more substantial. The pics above look very nice, indeed.
I would wonder about the possible need for a tiebar at floor level just to help with say, rolling the whole thing in/out of the garage(?)
Clearly, I'd prefer to find a local CL buy on a used one, but building one sounds cool, too.
Building it was fun! I'm no welder, but I've done fairly well learning. It does have a 2x2 beam that connects the two ends. Solid as it can be. Jacks were optional and probably not needed, but they are sure convenient. I'll get some decent pics tomorrow at work.

Building it was fun! I'm no welder, but I've done fairly well learning. It does have a 2x2 beam that connects the two ends. Solid as it can be. Jacks were optional and probably not needed, but they are sure convenient. I'll get some decent pics tomorrow at work.
Do you have a copy of the plans?
Certainly it is pretty simple and I could draw it up myself, but if you've got it saved in a file, even better!
Yard Dart!

-
Back