Another spitfire thread/question

-

7duster4

Reaction score
I seem to hear a lot about spitfire hearders. A buddy from work swears by them. But he was telling me Harold builds them for early a-bodies. He said that my car they would slide right in with no issues. I have a '74 duster 318/auto with power steering. Can this be done? Or is it too good to be true? After doing some research the price seems very reasonable. Right now I am running the 318 manifolds and want more flow but don't want to spend a fortune on headers and 340 hp manifolds. Looks like they would fit good and not hang low, but my biggest concern is the oil filter. Would I need the 90 degree adapter or will they clear the stock style. The later a-bodys have a wider engine bay then the early ones so it looks like a good product. Any info on this application is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I used the 90* oil adapter with Spitfires in my early-a(66 Dart)Not sure on the 73?Here,s a pic. of pass. side.

re and re of 66 Dart 005.jpg

I used the 90* oil adapter with Spitfires in my early-a(66 Dart)Not sure on the 73?Here,s a pic. of pass. side.

Thanks for info, looks tight but then again early a-bodys have smaller engine bays. Looks like a clean fit and they seem like they are well made.

Thanks again

-
Back