Another spot welding ???

-
Those spots definetly look very nice. What size is the flat on the tips you are using, and what is the thickness of the metal if you know.

Thanks for sharing!

weld tip is .175"

patch panels are from salvaged cars (70's)
in this pic ,was a trunk lid (.30")

005.jpg

Looks like the easiest welding method to learn. Dont even need a hood. Seriously nice tool and the welds look like they mean it. I like the salvaged metal use.

I finally bought a used lenco, got extra tips with it and has dual trigger handles, paid 300.00 and drove 100 miles to get it. installed a 50' power cord on it so it would reach anywhere in the shop. mounted it on top of my tig welder cart. will try it out this week.

finaly used it , great. made a piece to fix the front of outer rocker. have pics but cant load, will send to someone if they want to post them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 260
Those look nice. I wish mine would work that well. Tried again on some thinner material and it just does not have any adhesion. I think it is plain old wore out. :pale:

Those look nice. I wish mine would work that well. Tried again on some thinner material and it just does not have any adhesion. I think it is plain old wore out. :pale:

Have you tried talking to LENCO ?

319 West Main Street
P.O. Box 348
Jackson, Missouri 63755
Phone
Phone: (573) 243-3141

There is NOT much inside the box that can go bad

I think I talked to James?

The contact switch may need new contacts ( not passing full current)

Kind of like > dirty/pitted points in a distributor

Thanks, I use the drip rail end on the trigger handle and clamp the the other end to body. It melts right through. My race car welder got some special rod with bronze in it to tig weld the butted sections. It wont burn through. I'll post more pics later.

Yes I did, and they were helpful, but not really able to diagnose my machine. They sent me some sample metal they shot four spots on and did the same using my machine on the same metal, and there piece looked great and held together. Mine looked Ok, but broke apart like candy.

Yes I did, and they were helpful, but not really able to diagnose my machine. They sent me some sample metal they shot four spots on and did the same using my machine on the same metal, and there piece looked great and held together. Mine looked Ok, but broke apart like candy.

When I first tried mine,
it did almost the same thing
weld looked good, but not hold well, could tear it apart

Thats when I opened the box, saw there isn't much in there

Transformer
timer
contact switch
relay box
on-off switch

Called Lenco

Yes, I read the directions first> said to set on 2

I have to set mine on 5,
I figured out because my main breaker box(100 ft to the shop) is so far away from the welder plus the welders 50 ft. cord

I have a 60 amp circuit run to my garage from within the house using 6 gauge wire. I think that should be adequate to power this machine, being the cord on the machine is only 10 gauge. The settings that Lenco suggested was 4.

The setting is for time. Put it on 10 and watch the metal. Practice on some other metal. When it gets cherry red, it should bond. Clean surfaces also. The welder is just a big transformer. When you pull the trigger, you're actually creating a short circuit. Continually using it makes the handles very hot, wear gloves. Good luck

A trick I do when its necessary to get factory looking welds in an area where I can only mig is to dress all my welds down and when I prime, I prime a bit heavy and just about when the primer begins to flash I use a pencil tip eraser and hit it where I want the spots. Can put factory looking welds anywhere. Just don't sand it all off when you prep.

-
Back