Another trim pic.

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Finaly got back to working on that fancy baseboard.

This wrap on the stairs was a mind melter!
I realy wanted to just bash my head in with my hammer but now that it's done I'm really happy with it!

Yesterday was one of those days where I was thinking "I should have listened to mom and stayed in school".... but today was a good day!

It feels great to get a win after a day like that.

Enjoy!

20190411_103441_zpsjfkhnniy.jpg

It's funny, now that it's done it looks simple but trust me. It was anything but simple.
This angle don't really do it justice.

Yeah, but it will look really cool once it’s painted/finished! Nice job!

Thanks!

The home owner said today she wants the upstairs rooms done once I finish the downstairs rooms. With how much this is costing I kinda figured I'd never hear from her again....

:rofl::thumbsup:

How much firewood did you end up with? Nice job :)

Surprisingly not as much as you'd think.

I got a few small areas to finish and I think I got half a stick leftover. So its gonna be right down to the wire as far as my board foot measurement went.

I will say when I measure for length I always round the number up a little then at the end I add 10 percent.

:)

It's also why I learned to cut the long pieces first. A mistake can always be turned in to a smaller section later.

Took some more pics today.

20190412_143208_zpsgtccxuux.jpg

20190412_143140_zpsbmxe9ccn.jpg

And another folded door casing and one of the very heavy custome doors. That door has no door stop on yet. Its nat realy racked. Just looks strange.
20190412_142710_zpsf2dvvyag.jpg

Enjoy!

Wow you are quite the craftsman. Excellent job.
I suck at trim that is the one thing I am not good at and usually never finish lol. I built a hidden pocket door for my wife's walk in closet 2 years ago and still haven't finished the trim. I remodeled the living room with a new fireplace and ship lap siding back in November and never finished the trim lol

Thank you. I do my best.

Pops told me, "a true craftsman will take what he learns and apply that to the next job. That way you're always getting better."

Also, "if you dont look back at your old work and hate it, then you're not getting any better."

:)

If you want, I would be glad to walk you through the trim. Its usually easy. All you realy need is a chop saw. Maybe a table saw if you want to get fancy.

I walked another member @diymirage through a pretty large project and his work turned out dam good.

Hes dam near a master craftsman now.

:thumbsup:

I walked another member @diymirage through a pretty large project and his work turned out dam good.

Hes dam near a master craftsman now.

:thumbsup:

thanks, it definitely came out better then i thought it would
i dont think i would have been able to pull it off without your pointers though

Just came home from my stepfather's house. I was showing him some of the trim pics.

His first response was "looks like a real craftsman did that.

I responded with, "I did all that."

He just said "oh".

No "good job" or "im proud of ya".

And you'd think at 40 years old I'd be over looking for his praise but it still bothers me that he cant ever just say good job.

I get it we will never be friends but that hurts.

Every time I see him I make a point of shaking his hand just because I know he dont like it.

Maybe that's why I try so hard to be good at what I do just because I know on many levels im better than him?

Or maybe im still just a total POS who will never amount to ****?

Any ways be nice to your kids, even if they ain't yours.

Just came home from my stepfather's house. I was showing him some of the trim pics.

His first response was "looks like a real craftsman did that.

I responded with, "I did all that."

He just said "oh".

No "good job" or "im proud of ya".

And you'd think at 40 years old I'd be over looking for his praise but it still bothers me that he cant ever just say good job.

I get it we will never be friends but that hurts.

Every time I see him I make a point of shaking his hand just because I know he dont like it.

Maybe that's why I try so hard to be good at what I do just because I know on many levels im better than him?

Or maybe im still just a total POS who will never amount to ****?

Any ways be nice to your kids, even if they ain't yours.
Don't even get me started! I've got a father like Uncle that I could say the same thing about. And my father another subject don't even get me started.
It's almost like they taught me how not to be.
My son and I talk almost everyday on the phone and share each other's experiences. We encourage each other and we laugh together, you know how it should be....

-
Back