Another update on the AC install.

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
I got everything installed, and my control panel built.
Pay no attention to the unpainted screws on the panel and the hose hanging down, as it all has to come back out.

I hooked up the gauges and vacuum pump and let it vacuum down the system for 45 minutes, and let it sit over night to verify no leaks before adding the refrigerant.
It was obvious something wasn’t right.
Diagnostics with Classic Auto Air determined the expansion valve was faulty, so I have to pull the box to replace the valve because it’s between the box and firewall.
During the attempted fill and diags 2 cans of refrigerant were wasted.
They are sending a new valve, but I will have to replace it myself.
These pics just show where I was when I found out I have to take it all back apart again.

IMG_5329.png

IMG_5330.jpeg

IMG_5327.jpeg

Crap !! I had a hose leak when I did mine. Of course it was under the dash.
Same as you,had to pull it out !
Didn't leak until charged
:BangHead::mad:

I'm piecing together mine, and have had it apart and together more times than I care to count. I feel your pain.

Be careful running your hoses to the vents. I ran mine too close to the wipers and popped the clip off the arms and messed up my motor, they never turn off now, I had to disconnect power to the motor.

Be careful running your hoses to the vents. I ran mine too close to the wipers and popped the clip off the arms and messed up my motor, they never turn off now, I had to disconnect power to the motor.

Yep, watching that real closely.

-
Back