Another "what the ....?" on the Ebay

-
Yeah, no doubt. There was a Mr. Norms '71 Demon 340 GSS the other week that sold for $50,000 on eFag.

John

i don't understand...What don't you get? I think that is worth $20G.

You have to think that ebay is all over canada, and USA, so a car that sells for $10,000 where you live, WILL be worth more in a climate where all the cars are rusted out.

I'm not looking for a dart, and I don't have $20K to spend, but It looks like an OK price from where I live.

Canada has only one auto trader for most of its country, and most of the US states have a bigger auto trader with More selection, and in better condition than ALL of canada. Thats right, pic a state in USA, and buy an auto trader, and it will have more pages than our CANADA auto trader.

I have bought 2 cars from the states and the difference is amazing. with the canadian dollar being close to par with the US, makes it even more worth while.

I bet it will be going up north more.

Phil

If you build a car like that you would be surprised how fast 20,000 adds up -purchase of car,conversion front disc brakes ,new engine,rearend,exhaust,paint, tires, tranny im doing it right now and i already have at least 13,000 and im not that close to being finished.

Price is not too crazy, but I think a little high....looks a little thrown together w/ the "5k paint job" but the rockers look like crap. overspray around the subframe connectors......etc.

Looks like a nice car!
I hope I can pull decent money like that if I ever sell.
Does the rear quarter look a little weird or am I seeing things?

Looks like a nice car!
I hope I can pull decent money like that if I ever sell.
Does the rear quarter look a little weird or am I seeing things?
Lets see, 4 bids=4 friends bidding and with the hope someone else jumps in to catch someone sleeping....His fishing, just my 2cents....:cheers:

Look At The Rear Fender, The Wheel Opening Has Been Cut, Looks Lame! Still A Nice Car, I Don't Think The Price Is That High For A Completed Car!

I think he would get close to his price here in Canada. We only seem to get rust buckets available.

You can almost double the price of a car build over here. I was just pricing electric fans. The cost to buy the fans here was almost exactly double the price listed at Summit, or Mancini. Mancini got some more business from me.

Ive seen that car in person. Its a pretty nice car honestly. I dont think id pay that much but i would rather build my own car so i wouldnt buy a complete car. And yes the rear wheel openings have been cut, It used to be a race car (a big block if i remember right) and he took the motor out and put the 360 in it and i must say that 360 sounded very healthy when i saw it at the car show a couple years ago. Like i said i dont know if id pay that much but i also think it would be hard to build a car like that for the price its at now. Justin

That is exactly what he is doing

That's my guess as well, and when it comes time, maybe I should sell my Dart in Canada ! I guess because I do 95% of the work on my car myself I can't see how someone could (or would) sink 20 thousand dollars into anything but an all original big block or 340 A body , etc. I just don't get "upside down" in my cars - no longer an investment once that happens (bad enough what's happened to my home!) Good luck to him - if I could get 20G for mine (nicer and a 340 clone) I'd let 'er go now and pick up another (and pay a few bills) Good luck to him.

If I was in the market $20K doesn't look to bad for it.But it's over $21k now and the reserve hasn't been met.What does the guy want 30k plus?

And I thought I was pushing it when I had my insurance company increase my insurance on my real 69 340 dart,it's not stock but a hotrod that I have owned since 1981.They didn't blink once when I asked for the increase from $21K

Over 21k and still not hitting the reserve? come on. If somebody walked up to me and offered 18k for my duster (at least its an original 340 car), I'd drive it up on the trailer myself.

there is a saying...

a car is only worth what someone is willing to buy it for & what someone is willing to sell it for.

if you have money and want to buy a car, but don't have enough money for what the seller wants, you have to either get more money, or find a different car that might need a little work.

If you are selling a car, and you really need the money, and the car hasn't sold yet, you either have to lower the price, or start using you line of credit till it sells.

When I sold my cuda, I wanted a certain amount of money and not a dime less because I wanted to pay off some debt, but I also didn't want to sell the cuda. If the cuda sold for the price that I wanted, I would be happy, and I know the seller would be happy because they were willing to pay what I wanted for it. If it didn't sell, I would be happy too. It sold in 3 months

Phil

hey its worth what the buyer is willing to pay for it!...I wouldnt pay that much but Im not bidding I think that if this guy can get this much for his dart that it gives me hope that my cars are gonna be worth that much too. hell look at the price of b bodies any of them!!! so the a bodies are gonna follow suit..it just sucks that the days of picking up a good a body for real cheap are almost over...but its still nice to know that all our hard work is finally paying off....
just my opinion...an a body fan for life...

-
Back