another what will it run after this set up?

-

racing340

Reaction score
ran an 7.99 with a 1.80 60ft time at 91 mph spinning i have a 76 duster 340 bored 30 over flat top ross pistions 9.5 to 1 comp. H beam rods factory x heads stage one port torker 2 intake matched ported with AED 750 carb 727 trans with PTC 9in 3500 stall 8.75 with 456 gears and 29.5 in slicks .... I have the cal tracs mono leafs fixing to put them on this winter with it dialed in how much am i looking at getting out of my 60ft time and ET? Thanks

id say 7.50's but i think a 28" tire would be better than the 29.5 with the 727. this is if you can get rid of .2 of the 60'. i have always run super stock springs they say cal tracs are more consistant and i would believe that to be true.

do you run 90/10 front shocks?

id say 7.50's but i think a 28" tire would be better than the 29.5 with the 727. this is if you can get rid of .2 of the 60'. i have always run super stock springs they say cal tracs are more consistant and i would believe that to be true.

do you run 90/10 front shocks?

Yes i sure do next slicks i buy ill prob buy 28s

do you have the frame conn. under the car????something seems off..i rana 1.67 (bad) and went 7.40 with 90mph..and my car needed some more chassis work...340 with a soild cam and 5600 verta and 4.57 gear and 28x10.5 slick..car would hook pick the wheel up and set them back down and spin some...full body 70 duster...seems the chassis id off some where..whats your frontend travel??? what shocks ??? not a expert but have learned alot with my old 340:violent1::violent1::violent1:

do you have the frame conn. under the car????something seems off..i rana 1.67 (bad) and went 7.40 with 90mph..and my car needed some more chassis work...340 with a soild cam and 5600 verta and 4.57 gear and 28x10.5 slick..car would hook pick the wheel up and set them back down and spin some...full body 70 duster...seems the chassis id off some where..whats your frontend travel??? what shocks ??? not a expert but have learned alot with my old 340:violent1::violent1::violent1:

no i dont have frame conn. yet i have the 90/10 drag shocks gonna install fram conn. this winter its all stock have not done any chassis work yet did you have fram conn. ? with the 1.67 7.40 pass

yes but i dont think i had the front travel i needed..i have learned that if the front dont work the back will not work either..gotta get the weight to the back..my car should have had some 1.4/1.5 ..i have a buddy that has old 30+year old springs and has been 7.10 with a 360 and 1.4x 60' not just 1 time but every time he runs the car...oh oh wait and on 3 yr old m/t et street tire that ha never takes off the car..the car just works..but every car will be diff.. also i had a 950 hp that seem to do well on the car..i tried a 750aed and bg that had been reworked by a custom carb shop and both lost time..now i didnt make any changes to the carbs (loner) but didnt help any......al so check your pinion angle...i had 6 nose down with no snubber...alot of people told me i should have tried 1 but i just didnt,,that may have been my problem..but will never know i sold the short block to member here..i'm going big block now lolololo

yes but i dont think i had the front travel i needed..i have learned that if the front dont work the back will not work either..gotta get the weight to the back..my car should have had some 1.4/1.5 ..i have a buddy that has old 30+year old springs and has been 7.10 with a 360 and 1.4x 60' not just 1 time but every time he runs the car...oh oh wait and on 3 yr old m/t et street tire that ha never takes off the car..the car just works..but every car will be diff.. also i had a 950 hp that seem to do well on the car..i tried a 750aed and bg that had been reworked by a custom carb shop and both lost time..now i didnt make any changes to the carbs (loner) but didnt help any......al so check your pinion angle...i had 6 nose down with no snubber...alot of people told me i should have tried 1 but i just didnt,,that may have been my problem..but will never know i sold the short block to member here..i'm going big block now lolololo

where do you live in nc lol if you dont mind me asking i live in leicester nc

i am outside of raleigh towards rocky mount....how far from raleigh or you or rocky mount?????? if you want you can shoot me a pm..but its up to you mike

..... but i think a 28" tire would be better than the 29.5 with the 727.....

I don't understand this statement. I would think you would want a taller tire to make it easier to hook, more side wall to absorb the shock of launching the car. I have always used the tallest tire I could fit under the car for this reason.

Could you please elaborate, maybe I'm missing something.
Thanks

I don't understand this statement. I would think you would want a taller tire to make it easier to hook, more side wall to absorb the shock of launching the car. I have always used the tallest tire I could fit under the car for this reason.

Could you please elaborate, maybe I'm missing something.
Thanks

ya the tires really aint my problem i like the tires i was thinking next time i buy slicks to get 28s or 28.5 the slicks rub a little but really no big deal i had always heard taller tire better to hook?

i was just thinking that the 727 probably does not have the low gear set that you could have with the 904 (274) looks to be for 1/8th mile. the 28x10.5 mt stiff side wall will help keep the tire from cupping, last a lot longer and go straighter.
i to run the 29.5x9 mt but i have a stick with a 2.90 low and a 5.13. i am going to the 28x10.5 next year. this is just my opinion but for cars that weigh over 3000lbs i think the stiffer sidewall will be better. alot of people are having real good luck with the drag radial makes sence to me a tire with more air in it rolls easier than one thats about flat. just more money

-
Back