Another what will it run?

-

captain america

Reaction score
Ok so I am finally going to get to the track this season. I built the engine last winter but just did not have time to go. I just got done mini tubing the car and plain on putting in a cage this winter. Here is my combo what do you think it will run? I plain on eventually buying some Indy EZ heads, but will like to try the 452’s for a couple of runs first. I also will most likely change the gear to a 430 but will see how the 410 feels first.
470 Stroker engine
400 Block
Aluminum main caps with studs
440 steel cranked stroked
3.915 Stroke
4.375 Bore
Ross Pistons Dome C.H. 1.633
Eagle Rods
Bullet solid roller Cam .681 lift 280 duration @ .050
Milodon oil system
Comp lifters and springs
Smith Brothers push rods
Harland Sharps 1.5 roller rockers
452 heads fully ported polished and bowl work
M1 intake
Holly 1000 cfm carb
Msd ignition
TTI headers
Electric fan
727 transmission
9 ½ Dynamic converter
B&M Trans cooler
Turbo Action forward manual valve body
Turbo Action Cheetah shifter
8 ¾ rear
4.10 gear
Yukon axles
Wildwood brakes
325/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial
Super Stock leaf springs
Competition Engineering shocks

Thanks for letting us guess:thumblef:. Here's my 2 cents....lol.

10.65..........not quite enough tire and converter for a all out assault on 60 foot's.

131.00.........big mph. Over 600hp @ 3300lbs, should be makin big steam on the big end.

Will all your "yellow" big block brothers be going out when you do? The vision of all you guys rolling into the track together......now that would be a attention getter :D.

Thanks oldmanrick the only reason I went with that converter is because I do still drive the car on the street once in a while to a local show or cruise. That is right around what I want to run. My goal is to eventually run mid to low 10,s when everything is dialed in right. We will see though I know I am always going to want to go faster lol.

Ok so I am finally going to get to the track this season. I built the engine last winter but just did not have time to go. I just got done mini tubing the car and plain on putting in a cage this winter. Here is my combo what do you think it will run? I plain on eventually buying some Indy EZ heads, but will like to try the 452’s for a couple of runs first. I also will most likely change the gear to a 430 but will see how the 410 feels first.
470 Stroker engine
400 Block
Aluminum main caps with studs
440 steel cranked stroked
3.915 Stroke
4.375 Bore
Ross Pistons Dome C.H. 1.633
Eagle Rods
Bullet solid roller Cam .681 lift 280 duration @ .050
Milodon oil system
Comp lifters and springs
Smith Brothers push rods
Harland Sharps 1.5 roller rockers
452 heads fully ported polished and bowl work
M1 intake
Holly 1000 cfm carb
Msd ignition
TTI headers
Electric fan
727 transmission
9 ½ Dynamic converter
B&M Trans cooler
Turbo Action forward manual valve body
Turbo Action Cheetah shifter
8 ¾ rear
4.10 gear
Yukon axles
Wildwood brakes
325/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial
Super Stock leaf springs
Competition Engineering shocks

if the stock heads flow good that car should run very good. i have a 73 dodge dart that weighs 3520 with me in it. that when i had 2 carter comp 750 carbs. mopar m1 tunnelram and 4.10 gears ran a best of 10.66 at 124.9 on 93 pump gas. i only got to make 4 passes with the 4.10 before i blew them up, so i never got to do any tuning. my engine set up is pretty close to yours except mine is as follows

0.030 over 440
stock stroke steel crank
wisco pro true flat top pistons around 0.006 down below deck
eagle rods
comp solid roller that is 264 @ 0.050 and 634 lift with 1.6crane gold roller rockers
very little ported stock port Indy EZ heads
wieand tunnel-ram with 2 750 Holley dp carbs
tti 2x3-1/2 headers
dynamic 9.5 inch converter that stalls around 4400
8-3/4 with 4.30 gears
M/T ET street redials that are 275/60/15

with the 4.30 gears, weiand tunnelram, holley 750 dp carbs and taking the front bumper of i ran a new best of 10.62 @125 in then 1/4 well i let my buddy race the dart that weighs around 110 pounds lighter than me and he ran a best of 10.49 at 125. i think there is more in the car becasue i have yet got to do any6 kind of tuning on the car or engine.did not have enough carb jets that day. all runs were made on 93 pump gas. also i think my car might be faster with another set of 4.10 gears seeing how i am using 28 inch tall tires on the back. of course i should not race the car any more untill i put a roll bar/cage in the car.lol:violent1::violent1: Mopar65

Thanks Mopar65 they are some good numbers that you are running. So did they kick you out of the track for running to fast? Lol

-
Back