ANOTHER WHAT'S IT WORTH THREAD

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

I am looking at a complete stick conversion package (floor shift) from a 1970 Dart. I can get every single part........How much should I expect to pay.

Thanks

What would the setup go for if it was being sold near a large city or Stateside? What would shipping cost? If the setup is close to you in Northern Ontario and won’t require shipping, then factor that into your asking price. And finally how bad do you want it? Is it for a conversion you’re doing to your car? Or is it to resell the parts since you think you can get it for a good price?

If the seller doesn’t have a price in mind, what have you offered them? Did they counter? If they haven’t sold it to you yet, then they are not serious about selling it.

Easily worth close to 2 grand. Figure the parts separately. Shifter $250.00, trans $600.00 at least. Hump $150.00. Pedals $250.00. Bell $150.00. Flywheel $100.00. Driveshaft $150.00. Z bar, clutch fork, ball stud on frame. Covers for the bell, reverse light switch. . Steering column. $150.00-$200.00. Not sure if I missed anything. Kim

I hate to say it but you may need to actually define and list "every part" because that means different things to different people.

My advice- price it on "Brewers" and then offer half as a starting point.

...I'll add that I pieced a "complete" conversion (833 OD) together for a 71-74 B body for about $1200 but it took me more than 5 years to do it and I ended up with a whole parts truck to boot.

If you can find it ALL for a thousand you better dang well jump on it.

@CFD244, from what I read, you are wanting a complete Automatic to 4 speed conversion without console. By the time you get EVERYTHING it will likely be at least $2,500 to $3,000. Keep in mind that if you buy a used setup (as opposed to a guaranteed/rebuilt setup from someone like Brewers) you will likely have to repair or rebuild a lot of it. New bushings in the pedal assembly and probably at least seals and gaskets in the tranny (if not a complete rebuild). Then you need a flywheel, bellhousing, clutch, floor hump, etc. No way you get absolutely everything you need for less than $2,500. And if you do find it cheaper, be ready for a complete rebuild on the transmission. Plus, I need to ask if you can do all the work yourself (to include cutting the floor and welding the hump in).

agree with the assessments above. 1000~1200 is a really good deal for *everything*

the thing about this swap is two fold: everything is a big ticket item or has some manner of fiddly-ness about it-- a bunch of little parts/pins/clips, some component isn't exactly right for the application, or needs two other pieces to work that you don't have and can't get easily.

some people think if they've got a trans, bell and shifter that it's cake walk from there on out but that's just one taco of the whole combination plate.

what ever you buy it for figure on spending another 500~1000 easy.

I'm currently doing this swap. I got the trans, shifter (no rods or handle) and pedals for $900 locally. Add in the shift rods, clutch, flywheel, bellhousing, linkages, shifter handle, shifter rebuild parts, driveshaft, inspection cover, hardware and other small stuff... I'm well over $3k for everything.

Hi Folks

I am looking at a complete stick conversion package (floor shift) from a 1970 Dart. I can get every single part........How much should I expect to pay.

Thanks
Member "Coloradohill" has an ad for a conversion in the "mechanical parts 4sale" fourm. Looks like it might be sold. He was asking $1600 plus shipping. Most of the pieces are included but like was mentioned not everything. No clutch for one. Just one observation

Member "Coloradohill" has an ad for a conversion in the "mechanical parts 4sale" fourm. Looks like it might be sold. He was asking $1600 plus shipping. Most of the pieces are included but like was mentioned not everything. No clutch for one. Just one observation
Thank you, I have a few members interested in these parts but they are not sold yet.
Thanks for mentioning

-
Back