Another Wheel Tire Question

-

Jons340Dart

Reaction score
what is the largest tire you have been able to successfully and safely mount on a stock 14" SBP Mopar Rallye rim? Hope this isn't beating a dead horse...but i couldn't find anything

Personally, my 67 Dart had 245/60/14s on sbp Rallye's front and rear when I bought it. No rubbing on either end of the car.

Put some bigger tires on the rear of those steelies and youll be good.Also,to save some cash,paint your bumpers body color for now,i think youd like it better than flat black,just my opinion.Sweet ride though,i love it!

Stock rallyes are 14 X 5.5"

The largest tire, tire manufactures reccomend on a 5.5" rim is a 215/70-14

The largest tire reccomended for a 6" rim is a 235/60-14

For a 245/60-14 they reccomend a 7" rim.

So................

Here is a pic with 235/60-14's all the way around on my 70 Dart,with
14" X 5.5" steelies.

Picture 396.jpg

Put some bigger tires on the rear of those steelies and youll be good.Also,to save some cash,paint your bumpers body color for now,i think youd like it better than flat black,just my opinion.Sweet ride though,i love it!

Thanks for all your help everyone

I was thinking a 225/60 or 235/60 - so good to know you have been safely successful

and Tobysoldblue - thanks for the feedback. Rear bumper has been replaced with Chrome and i am going to strip the front as the chrome underneath is actually in really good shape - previous owner went flat black as the rear was banged up and chrome was really crappy. The steelies on it now are really narrow - seemed a stretch to get the 215/70's on it as it was. I like the steelie look but haven't been able to find myself a wider set and a good set of the proper dog dishes...one day...I lucked on to a set of freshly powder coated rallye rims for a $100 bucks with trim rings and centre caps so...

I'll be posting updated photos once I get the bumper fixed up and the new wheels mounted

-
Back