another wheel ????

-

moparjr

Reaction score
My 65 valiant, got bbp axles for 8 3/4,now question is everything in stock location, whats the widest wheel i can use.......going for 15`s....got 15x4 in front with poverty caps.....need width and back space.....

15 X 8 Will fit but I prefer 15 X 7 less likely to have rubbing issues with the same size tire

I would look for a 4.25 backspacing on the 15 X 7 wheels if your rear end is stock width. If needed you could always use a 1/4" or less spacer for fine tuning as the tire will be real close to the front leaf spring clamp on the inside.

Below on the Dart I'm running 15X7 Rear and 15X4 fronts. Rear tires are 275-60-15 that would be to wide for your Valiant but a 245 should be a tight fit with minor rubbing in hard cornering and driveways but they will fit. Go slightly smaller for no rubbing. I like the taller tires on the rear to fill the wheel well like 27 to 28" tall.

Post some pictures when done.

Attachments

• Morro Bay 119.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 153
15 X 8 Will fit but I prefer 15 X 7 less likely to have rubbing issues with the same size tire

I would look for a 4.25 backspacing on the 15 X 7 wheels if your rear end is stock width. Post some pictures when done.

I agree with the 15 X 7 - 4.25" backspacing wheel. The mid to late 80's Chrysler 5th Avenues all used that wheel. You can tell them by the extra holes between the bolt pattern that was used to hold a center mount to hold the wire wheel hup caps. I've bought them as cheap as 5 bucks in bone yards.

zandfull, you also mentioned your fronts are 15 x 4's Did you have one of the wheel companys like Wheel Vintiques, Rally America, etc. build them?

I agree with the 15 X 7 - 4.25" backspacing wheel. The mid to late 80's Chrysler 5th Avenues all used that wheel. You can tell them by the extra holes between the bolt pattern that was used to hold a center mount to hold the wire wheel hup caps. I've bought them as cheap as 5 bucks in bone yards.

zandfull, you also mentioned your fronts are 15 x 4's Did you have one of the wheel companys like Wheel Vintiques, Rally America, etc. build them?

Yes they were custom built. They use a 15" space saver outer rim and a 15 Dodge center that will mount the 9" hub caps. They are actually 3.5" wide not 4" as I said before.

-
Back