Another WIW thread, Now with Pictures '75 Duster 360, A63 interior

-

4mulas

Fixem'up
Reaction score
think I've found a super weird combo of A63 hang ten car with factory E58 360 cop motor and get this black paint on the body and roof. It's a 1975 car.

It's rust free but needs paint and other minor resto stuff.

What's this worth? Please help

A hang ten car would have been spinaker white, it was part of the package. Although rare it is not highly sought after. Needing paint and resto work but complete and rust free.....possibly 3500 to 5500?

I parted a 74 hang ten E58 car several years ago, it was the rustiest A body I have come across and became the donor car for my 6 cyl 75 Dart Sport.

A hang ten car would have been spinaker white, it was part of the package. Although rare it is not highly sought after. Needing paint and resto work but complete and rust free.....possibly 3500 to 5500?

I parted a 74 hang ten E58 car several years ago, it was the rustiest A body I have come across and became the donor car for my 6 cyl 75 Dart Sport.

That's what I thought too. But this cars tag definitely says tx9 for paint, and has A63 code for hang ten package/interior. I've seen pictures and the car is definitely black with that crazy hang ten interior. It's the oddest combination I think I've ever seen. It's interesting.

Also has buckets, console, dual mirrors, e58 motor, d34 Trans, fold down seat, Mouldings around wheel wells and wide sill trim, heavy duty brakes.

I'm so interested but definitely don't want to over pay.....

Hence the WIW post. Any others care to chime in?

Last edited:
Tuff yes, no roof. Dual exhaust no tips, r11 radio,

I'll look at the tag again and see what I can figure out.

The code for the interior is B5VW, any one confirm and decode that for me?

That sounds awesome! I think it could be worth a lot more than 5000 restored. More like 20,000. A high quality restoration. That combo would get a lot of attention from guys like us!

K6R is the stripe code (red).
B5VW is cloth and vinyl buckets with multi-colored inserts.

A63 is a decorative package, but not necessarily the Hang 10 package. You could also get A63 on a Duster. TX9 black was available with A63.

The top of the market for a car that new seems to be around $15,000 to $18,000. Many of them show up on eBay for $20,000 to $25,000 and never sell.

IMG_5824.JPG

K6R is the stripe code (red).
B5VW is cloth and vinyl buckets with multi-colored inserts.

A63 is a decorative package, but not necessarily the Hang 10 package. You could also get A63 on a Duster. TX9 black was available with A63.

The top of the market for a car that new seems to be around $15,000 to $18,000. Many of them show up on eBay for $20,000 to $25,000 and never sell.

View attachment 1715042563
Thanks a lot! This helps immensely.

More factory literature. This is for a Duster, but should be pretty close for a Dart as well.

75_Valiant_Duster_00171.jpg

B5VW.jpg

More factory literature. This is for a Duster, but should be pretty close for a Dart as well.

View attachment 1715042634

View attachment 1715042635

This is all really good info. There is a a code on the tag that even Galen's little books doesn't list, I'm hoping someone might know what it is. It is G74 ??

Production numbers show like only 1400 of these made. With these color combos it's sure to be one of one.... Lol

Also does anyone know what the deck ornament treatment looks like?

I'm trying to visualize what this will look like done. Black with red side stripe and that crazy interior!

There is a a code on the tag that even Galen's little books doesn't list, I'm hoping someone might know what it is. It is G74 ??

G74 is a pair of chrome racing mirrors.

It would definitely be a sharp car when restored.

G74 is a pair of chrome racing mirrors.

It would definitely be a sharp car when restored.

Thanks,

It's funny because the fender tag is stamped for left mirror and then right mirror, so I wonder why they would have out the g74 stamp in also? I will get to see it in person tomorrow or the next day.

Sounds like an unusual car. Does the VIN# on the tag match the # dash?

Didn't the Hang Ten pkg. have a special split folding rear seat?

Didn't the Hang Ten pkg. have a special split folding rear seat?

Rear folding seat yes. The hang ten was on the darts and had striped inserts on the upholstery. This one is a duster 360 with the decorator special package. I do have a few pics sent to me via my phone that I will try to post.

Thanks for sharing the photos. That engine looks like it was recently dropped in there considering how clean it looks compared to the rest of the engine bay. The power brake booster doesn't look like it's from an A-body.

That car will be a beautiful show piece! 360 Dusters are loaded with big bolt pattern disc brakes, better front (sway bar included) suspension, electronic ignition, sure grip rear, ect. Do a nice resto and it will be a attention grabber.

Let's see a picture of the fender tag. I know it's not a Hang 10 with that interior or being a Plymouth. Still would be a nice " looker".

a cool car for sure! value? lke many before has stated, rarety and odd ball ness have little to do with value.
take the feather duster. had one couple years ago, rust free survivor, drive anywhere, could not get $2000.... traded to buddy. but it as a col car to me, and yes rare and odd ball.
that plaid interior is disco stuff!!??? ha

-
Back