Another Workbench Project

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
A man can never have enough workbenches. The landlord let me have this POS for free and as usual, I can't leave well enough alone. The 70's pastel yellow side panels had to go but the top was good and it had punchouts for power so needless to say, I had to make it right. Here's a before.... As you can see the metal was all bent up and it was ready to just fall apart. What you can't see is the nasty yellow side panels from the outside, same color as the backsplash.

IMG_0829.jpg

I am going to wait for the after picture ramcharger :happy10:
I see how busy you stayed this weekend in you other thread.:-D
You are right 8) Ya can't have to many work top benches :cheers:

I am going to wait for the after picture ramcharger :happy10:
I see how busy you stayed this weekend in you other thread.:-D
You are right 8) Ya can't have to many work top benches :cheers:

This is what I've done so far Mike. :) Stained the top and trimmed the edges, wired it, straightened the metal, cut and stained the side panels and cut the backsplash.

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

I had to make those trim miters by tilting my table saw blade. That was a *****. I think I'll buy myself a nice 12" sliding miter saw for Christmas. :) Unfortunately, the top wasn't as square as my miters, lol. I don't own any filler but I figure the polyureathane will fill the gaps.

You sure have the work bench wired up for some action Joe :cheers:
You have had a real busy Strong end bud8) some people call it there week end :-D
Very nice job on the receptacle placements =P~

I had to make those trim miters by tilting my table saw blade. That was a *****. I think I'll buy myself a nice 12" sliding miter saw for Christmas. :) Unfortunately, the top wasn't as square as my miters, lol. I don't own any filler but I figure the polyureathane will fill the gaps.
I should send you a quart of bondo :cheers: it would work nicely, But the polyureathane will smooth and fill for ya :happy10:

You sure have the work bench wired up for some action Joe :cheers:
You have had a real busy Strong end bud8) some people call it there week end :-D
Very nice job on the receptacle placements =P~

Thank you Mike! It's good for 15A, far more than it needs to be. It may be just a general purpose bench or maybe I'll even start reloading again and bolt my press to it. It needs to look good as will be in my basement refinished area. It will be the bar/trophy/hall of shame (broke parts)/fishing/hunting/ racing picture room. :cheers: No wonder why I'm not married yet, lol! For now, girlfriends are just fine. They tend to not try to change my immediate enviroment. :-D

Hay Joe, "i still like saying that"
I learned this this weekend that my son said that this song makes him think of me :happy10:

I have never herd it till today 8) Check it out 8) It sure warmed my hart.

I will share it here for you first brother, Creed is 27 now:happy10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex4yddZL_PQ

What a lucky man you are my brother. :) Great song at a great venue.

Sorry to high jack your thread but it brought some tears of happiness when Treva told me about it today and she showed it to me, I guess I was not to much of a bad dad after all :color:

Looking good.I just bought a Dewalt 12" slider and stand.I was real happy with the 10" I use for work so I bought the bigger one for home.I found out that all Ridgid tools now carry a lifetime warranty so that may be a factor for you.

-
Back