another wth is this part question

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
there are 2 blocks that were connected to the charging circuit in my 76 dart swinger 318. all i can see is 3 sets of numbers:

first row looks to be 344 or 844
second row: 387 4600

there are 2 of these each has a 3 pin connection.the back of each looks like a small computer motherboard - i know that is a terrible description but all i can think of.

anyone tell me what these are? i searched for the part numbers online but no luck.

Are they the same exact thing? Sounds like the voltage regulator x2. There should only be one. Are the wires leading to it green and blue?

nah my reg looks like this one:

what i have are 2 boxes that are both the same except one is black and one is white. have 1 mounting hole at the top of each. each has a 3 prong connector (plastic piece that has 3 prongs). they wired in the same loom as the regulator. i just need to know if i need to keep them to run the car.

regulator dodge.jpg

yeah i'll post em when i get home. i cant find these in any diagrams/parts shops online/nada

heres the pics
there are 2 boxes - this one and a black one. any idea what they are?

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

those are early voltage regulators.. They are not needed but depending on your wiring it may not be as simple as taking them out.

My 73 had three of those nasty buggers and two late-style regulators. (I still dont know why!!) I just re wired the charging circuit to accomodate the one correct regulator.

thanks guys - just found em in my manual

one is an "exhaust gas recirculation timer" aand the other is an "electronic speed switch"

what the hell?

-
Back