Another Yard to Close

-

GGs66GT

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Gustafson’s Auto Wreaking in Redding CA. is being forced to close by the EnvroNatzi’s !

19748 Colyer Dr. Redding, CA 96003 530-241-4246

They will be crushing the last of the vintage cars around Thanksgiving !

Many are restorable others are good for parts, these are rust free California Cars.

Also they have a wealth of vintage sheet metal. Some will be crushed some saved.

Today 11/12/13 I walked the yard and took pictures of most of the sheet metal and cars.

The shame is they have had 2 years to sell this stuff. They already Crushed acres of vintage cars .

THIS IS the TIME to SAVE this irreplaceable stuff !

If you see anything of interest to you JUMP ON IT before Thanksgiving.

Here’s the rub they won’t pack or ship. BUT I might be able to. The part and packaging would have to weigh no more then 100 pounds, The box has to meet Grayhound dimension’s to be shipped. Most sheet metal will fit in flat screen tv boxes. As for weight depending on the Hood, Fender and Doors the glass may have to be removed and shipped separately.

Call Them for Parts and Cars. ASAP. You will have to arrange for transporting cars and large assemblies .

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0095.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0097.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0122.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0123.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0128.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0129.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0167.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 228
What is the reason this yard is closing? "EnvroNatzi’s" doesn't tell the story.

Was the area re-zoned? Was there a toxic issue, beyond the normal gas/oil/antifreeze spillage/seepage issues, expected with scrap yards? Politics?

There has to be some catalyst that forced this to happen.

It sucks your that far away I could use the dart trunk lid. Mine deck lid doesn't look that nice because of the key hole being punched through.

It sucks your that far away I could use the dart trunk lid. Mine deck lid doesn't look that nice because of the key hole being punched through.

I have one, with the lock cylinder, and key, it from a 72, swinger.

...but it looks like you have a couple of sports.

What is the reason this yard is closing? "EnvroNatzi’s" doesn't tell the story.

Was the area re-zoned? Was there a toxic issue, beyond the normal gas/oil/antifreeze spillage/seepage issues, expected with scrap yards? Politics?

There has to be some catalyst that forced this to happen.

My understanding it that because the whole property isn't covered in rock, dirt could wash off into the creek 1/4 mile away and it could also be tracked off the lot by the occasional truck leaving the lot. Even though the front 100' of the driveway is covered in rock.

There is no ground pollution on the property. No zone change.

This group is going around the country suing old yards if for no other reason then to shut them down.

Gustafson's idiot lawyer failed to notify them of a hearing a year ago that by missing it set the stage for no appeal and thus the forced closing.

They are suing their lawyer. At some later point they may sell the property.

Frankie, I have a 68 Dart convertible I'm working on and driving at the same time. I hope to get it painted in a couple years.

Frankie, I have a 68 Dart convertible I'm working on and driving at the same time. I hope to get it painted in a couple years.

Excellent! Congrats on coming over to the A body with roll rear-quarter window.
I like the 68 body, too. Especially the convertibles.

-
Back