Antenna Delete

-

stormin

Reaction score
What did mother mopar use when the antenna was not installed on their cars. Did they use some type of plug? I don't have a radio and wanted to get rid of my antenna but not have a hole in the fender.

Stormin

i'm not sure what mopar specifically did, but you could just put a metal plate over it followed by some body filler :thumblef: i was thinking of doing this to my cuda, but probably wont

They did use a little plastic plug on the fender that looked like an antenna that had been collapsed all the way down to be flush with the fender if that makes sense. I use to have one that came on a 68 barracuda from the factory. I will look around and see if I still have the pic I took before I sent it to a guy out in California.

Ok I found the pic he sent me after he put it on his car. He painted it body color instead of the chrome and black it was because it has a groove in it from a da or something he head to fix. Just click on my garage under my avatar to see it.

toplscuda, thanks for the awesome picture. Now to begin the hunt for an antenna plug. I will look for a while but come time for the paint job I might have to either fill it in as suggested by 66 dart wagon or just get an antenna. It is probably never going to have a radio while I own it, so having an antenna is not important. Bet those antenna delete plugs are hard to find.

Mahalo
Stormin

i was thinking of deleting this as well...but i like the radio...are you planning on not having am/fm, or is there something else that can be done?

fastback68cuda said:
i was thinking of deleting this as well...but i like the radio...are you planning on not having am/fm, or is there something else that can be done?

I just don't intend on having a radio. The travel time here on the Island of Oahu is not much, so I do not miss a radio. There must be a way to hide an antenna with todays technology. I haven't given it much thought.

Stormin

Stormin, my camera batteries are shot so I can't show you what I got however, I only use a CD so I went to the local auto store and picked up a very thin closed grommit. (These can be found in the "help me out" parts section). It poped right in like a regular grommit and sits very flat with tappered edges. The thinkness is less then a rubber hose washer by far.... just like its ment to be there. Only in black by the way.
Good Luck stormin :salut:

69, I will check it out the next tie I am at the parts store. It doesn't sound too bad. I just want to plug the hole and move on.

Mahalo
Stormin

Jet-taz thanks for the part number. Guess I will stop by my local dodge dealer and order one.

Mahalo
Stormin

this has been a great post for a i am looking for the same thing on my dart-i have a radio in there but never use it so i want to take out the antenna and plug the hole. Thanks everyone for the great tips and responses!

Dakota Digital sell a hidden antenna. Ive got one in the Cougar. Plugs in the stereo as normal but the small black box stays inside the car. Lpug up the antenna hole outside and still have radio.

You know... You guys have got me to thinking on that digital antenna. Some of us cover our cars in the garage and when you pull that cover over the car that antenna is a *****. Love this site !!!

jet-taz said:
chrysler p/n 2860332 rubber plug antenna hole fits all models $2.00 :thumblef:

jet-taz, great info thanks man. I think I will get myself one of these thing. :thumblef:

BTW. Nice to see someone from Worcester. I spend 4 years of my life there, back in early 90s.

I broke my antenna off while removing my car cover, I now have a nub; it looks better and the radio still works fine. Peace

-
Back