Anti Sway Bar

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Ok so I decided on the Addco 751 Anti Sway Bar I called and had them email the installation instructions. They seem very clear just one question Is the front of the Bar mounted to K-Member? If so do I drill the hole myself? What if my K-Member is bent?

Excerpt:
"Assemble angle brackets (the one with two 3/8" holes) plates
and bar brackets over the neoprene bushing as shown. By
adjusting the angle bracket align so that the hole in the
horizontal portion matches existing inboard hole in front lip of
frame cross-member. It is pictured with larger leg of angle
horizontal. On older models with the C-section frame cross-
member, drill a hole in the bottom side to make the angle
bracket bolt."

Yes and yes. From experience I would recommend welding a steel plate to reinforce the holes in the K. Mine ripped out after about a year because the k frame is just thick sheet metal. As far as it being bent. How badly and where?

It appears to be bent along the center and I can't say how bad but it is about 1/4" from the front of the oil pan.

Sounds good to me. Mine has very little clearance too, but the motor mount insulators make a huge differrence. Get new ones or the proper thick ones. The sway bar tabs do bolt to the K just inboard of the strut rods on a stock '65 S.
IMG-20111020-00151.jpg

I have had two cars with Addco sway bars. Their mounting hardware is crap! On the wagon that I had, I installed a Firm Feel bar and everything was of the highest quality. I know the Firm Feel is more expensive, but the time and hassle saved is worth every penny.

Commando66 That is exactly what I was afraid of. Anyone else have opinions on which sway bar? I looked at firm feel as well and liked what I saw but it is nearly twice the price.

-
Back