Antique Auto Battery ?

-

Murray

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What is going on with this company? No real problems yet, but ordered a battery by phone and told it would take 4 weeks. OK, now about 4 weeks later, just got an email from Jims Battery MFG giving details of my order. What does this mean? Is my battery done and it is being shipped? Did they just get my payment? Who is Jims Battery MFG ? Is this company going through a change in ownership? What have you heard? Thanks.

I attempted to buy two batteries from these guys in Nov 2017 and was told 4 to 5 weeks but never heard back from them and called in December and was told it would ship in a week and that was the last I heard from them, they wouldn't return messages or emails and finally in February I called my credit card and luckily got in just under the wire for a credit reversal and got my money back. Google searches then came up that they had closed the doors, I did a search just now with some feedback that this Jim's Battery had taken the company over but I would suggest you be careful that you pay them with some kind of purchase protection.

I will keep you boys posted on the results. Being from California, I understand how government involvement can screw things up.

The first Mopar battery I got from Mancini Racing, went to get another one and they didn't have them listed. I ended up driving down to Classic Industries and picking one up from them, I needed a road test on the new engine so the three hour drive wasn't an issue, returned on coast highway 1, can't beat that.

Not an option for everybody but I have driven further for less.

Alan

-
Back