Any 93-97 LT1 trans am/Z28SS owners?...

-
I had a 98 Z28. Just loved it. Bought it with 4,000 mile drove it to 50,000 trouble free miles. Ran great all stock would run 14 teens and 25 mpg on the highway. But not good on ice!
The 98 had the LS1 in it didn't it?..

Have a 96 Z28 that I bought from a good friend, so she could afford to buy a new camaro for herself. Was gonna use it at my Arizona house, so I stored it there, while living in California.
The house was broken into, TV's and dog food stolen, along with my camaro. Found out from the police after it was recovered, completely ruined, that it had been used as a getaway car for home invasion robberies. I still have it...... cant bear to look at it. It was mint, when I bought it.
That sucks... the good ones are still out there though but they're not getting cheaper...

Forgot to mention, my beater car is a 2005 Sunfire I bought it around 7 years ago with 85K miles on it. Has 100k miles on it now and been a great car. It started life as rental car in New Jersey for two years, someone bought it drove it for many years and traded it in, then I haggled with dealer for a couple months to buy it. 2.2 4 cyl auto excellent torque it can spin the front tires with ease and steering suspension still very tight....

Sunfire.jpg

I like the LT1 engine. Had one in a 96 vette (LT4 actually) and a 96 Impala SS.
Those are fun cars to drive.Stock or modified. A cold air intake and 3" single exhaust with an upgraded Y-pipe go a long way.

The 98 had the LS1 in it didn't it?..
Yes it did, that's why I bought it. It was a thrill on the highway it had something like a 2.76 axle. My friend who bought it still has it and I'm sure he hasn't put 1,000 miles on it in the last 10 years. Maybe someday I'll buy it back.

Last edited:
They were value laggards for a long time. But they are being recognized mow. They were great cars very well executed by GM.
They did come very well equipped with Corvette engine and transmission and factory ladder bar and panhard bar four wheel disc brakes... Yet it's old enough to wear the seatbelt ding ding ding doesn't go off if you don't put it on right away...

I got my new shifter ball today and it was much better quality than the pictures online or that I took show. It's not some cheesy emblem glued to the top of it but it's sunking into the clear of the ball..
The colors are very vibrant as well...
IMG_20230325_115736096.jpg

Hopefully Monday my new short shifter will be here and I can tuck the whole assembly under the boot.,
Screenshot_20230321-171527.png

-
Back