Any AMC Fans in here

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
I don't have any AMC cars but I think they are cool looking. Hardly ever hear of anything about AMC in the mags or around (unless I am not looking hard enough)

What do you guys like in AMC or have??

I would have to say a favorite of mine are the later style Gremlins :love7:

Attachments

• 1978_AMC_Gremlin_X_blue_KA-rf.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 312
The 390 AMX was a neat car, and as fast as most Muscle Cars, back in the day.

I would literally give a Kidney for an S/C Rambler in red white and blue.

Attachments

• amc-sc-rambler_69_tom-drew_2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 288
Heres my 68 AMX. Its got a 390 and is currently being swapped over to a 5spd. Fun cars. Although finding parts is not easy.

Attachments

• AMXX.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 283
Here's my buddies original paint. I think it has 37,000 miles on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1218.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 258
Saw this at a show a few years back. Ya, I like it! It just portrays old school to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0605.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0606.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 272
My first car was a 73 Gremlin X with a 360 from and AMX, 4sp, 12 bolt sure grip with 3:54 gears. It had thrush mufflers cut off before the rear wheels, Man was that thing a handfull !!!

Heres my 68 AMX. Its got a 390 and is currently being swapped over to a 5spd. Fun cars. Although finding parts is not easy.

Sweet car.

Grew up around amc's. My dad has a 72 javelin sst. Sold the 74 amx javelin go pack in 97.
If you need parts Rohners in mn has some amc's.

1456281281.jpg_zpsqrwks4rf.png

https://www.google.com/maps/place/R...x52b560f19c86b675:0xded46d830409f9af?hl=en-us
Hang a right at the campers.
Snatched up a hood latch off a gremlin for my dads javelin last October.

Here's an interesting race.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Xhxvu_3po"]AMC Javelin 401 AMX VS HEMI CUDA - YouTube[/ame]

No just rwd. The eagle and the 2 door sx/4 were awd.

Thanks, wasn't sure thought I's ask, those cars were so ahead of their times. Look at what we have now, compared to AMC in the late 70;s and early 80's they were spot on for this market today. To bad Chrysler killed them off just for Jeep, guess turnabout is fairplay when fiat kills off Chrysler for RAM and Jeep.

I had a 72 or 73 Gremlin with the 304 automatic. It was great. I'd Gremlinize new 5.0 Mustangs in the early 90's. It's a shame I don't have any pictures of it. I bought a sign that said Radiation KEEP OUT and riveted it onto the door. I had a plastic skeleton hand reaching out of the grill.

My mother-in-law has a 71 SST Javelin, also with a 304 and automatic, sitting in the weeds, growing lichen, and collecting spiderwebs. =( I've got some pictures of it on my computer or phone somewhere...

I don't have any AMC cars but I think they are cool looking. Hardly ever hear of anything about AMC in the mags or around (unless I am not looking hard enough)

What do you guys like in AMC or have??

I would have to say a favorite of mine are the later style Gremlins :love7:

I hear that they had alot of "gremlins" in them... :blob:

I liked the Javelins and AMX's...

Ramblers were pretty cool...

I liked the fact that up until sometime in the '60's they had as an option seats that folded flat and level with the back seat, a bed in your car so you didn't have to spend money on a hotel room when you travelled...

I liked the fact that up until sometime in the '60's they had as an option seats that folded flat and level with the back seat so you had a bed to sleep on...

That's why I love the old 2nd gen Barracudas... We used to fall asleep in the back of mom's fastback in our sleeping bags and pillows on the way home from great grandma's on the north side of town... Staring up at the stars and watching the street lights go by, listening to the hum of the solid lifter 273 commando 4 bbl purring down the highway... Good times... :happy1: :glasses7:

That's why I love the old 2nd gen Barracudas... We used to fall asleep in the back of mom's fastback in our sleeping bags and pillows on the way home from great grandma's on the north side of town... Staring up at the stars and watching the street lights go by, listening to the hum of the solid lifter 273 commando 4 bbl purring down the highway... Good times... :happy1: :glasses7:

True...and cool. We have a member here (not me) who used the back of his '65 Barracuda to sleep in a while back on a cross-country trip.

amx and javelin COOL! gremlin NO COOL!

parts would be scarcer than hens teeth and good door panels for a 65 international I ton!

My Mom won this Wagon in a contest,and then it shipped to Europe, where our family was stationed. I was 5 when they got it, Lots of memories in the back of that wagon

Attachments

• 1959-rambler-ambassador1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 259
-
Back