Any appliance repairmen here?

-

ramenth

Gratis persona
Reaction score
My Whirlpool dishwasher is giving me fits.

The tablet don't dissolve.

The screen and grinder are clean. The pump is working. The heating element is working. The little door is popping open. Even if I put the tablet in the utensil basket it still doesn't dissolve.

Tried a couple of brands of tablets.

Yes, I've googled it and found some pretty generic stuff, but need some in-depth help to do some diagnostics.

Boy I don't know. Got a watertight hero? Put that in there and "film" it LOL

Your pump is not "really" pumping very much.
This problem is universal since phosphates were removed from detergent.
Step 1- Run 5 cycles of extra hot wash with CLR, maybe 1 pint each run.
Step 2- Disassemble as much of the sprayer/water distribution piping and physically remove the remaining build-up of "dishwasher cheese ".
This requires work and scrubbing, maybe even picking with coat hanger wire probes.

Step 3- same as #2, but the pump/inlet and acreening.
Step 4- Another run of CLR
Step 5- Procure TSP from local family owned hardware and put the powder onto the detergent compartment, run 2 cycles.

Step 6-Have all family members who might run the diswasher sign a form where they pledge to add 2 tablespoons if TSP to every wash load, or accept responsibilty for purchase of new dishwasher every 2 years.

You have hard water, and the detergents now used do nothing to soften the water, or keep solids suspended until flushing.

This problem will NOT go away, no matter how many new diswashers you buy.

The family MUST agree to help, or you should just replace the dishwasher with a cabinet of drawers.

The EPA thinks it's hilarious that people now must replace dishwashers every 2 years.

Duster Maniac is an appliance repair and install guy, but understandably.....he doesn't get on much. If he sees the post, he will be sure to help.

I don't have hard water.
Tell me where you live, and who supplies the water.
Lots of people don't think they have "hard" water.
I have been through this 5 times!
Google dishwasher problems.
I'm not supposed to have hard water.
It's the elimination of phosphates in the detergent that has led to this.

-
Back