Any BLACK 1/2-20 Lug Nuts worth a Chit?

-

Hemioutlaw

Make America Great Again!
Reaction score
Needing some closed end Black 1/2-20 Conical Seat RH Lug Nuts to match my Front wheels on my latest project and have literally just wasted two hours of my life I'll never get back looking for some that are worth a Chit!

Almost every one of them regardless of the price (From Dormann to Gorilla to McGard) gets crappy reviews on the wear durability of the coating. Trying to find some that have been Black Nitrided or even Oxide is like pulling teeth.
20210529_124612.jpg

Hoping this doesn't turn into just another one of the many make it my damn self if you want it right projects as I'm really busy and like to get stuff off the shelf whenever possible.

Anybody have any good experiences with a Black Lug Nut with good Longevity....Thx!

I have a set on my mustang from American muscle.Have another set I just bought from them as well for my Grand Marquis.I can barely bend over far enough to see them these days but they are still there.
Not much help I know.

I have a set on my mustang from American muscle.Have another set I just bought from them as well for my Grand Marquis.I can barely bend over far enough to see them these days but they are still there.
Not much help I know.

Hey,
At this point being as your the lone respondent to my query, I can't be too choosy..

I'll take a look at their product line ...Thx

To keep from chipping or marring they make specific lug sockets that are lined with plastic.
I got a set from Mac Tools. 2 sockets 3/4'' and 13/16'' You may be able to find them on line.

Needing some closed end Black 1/2-20 Conical Seat RH Lug Nuts to match my Front wheels on my latest project and have literally just wasted two hours of my life I'll never get back looking for some that are worth a Chit!

Almost every one of them regardless of the price (From Dormann to Gorilla to McGard) gets crappy reviews on the wear durability of the coating. Trying to find some that have been Black Nitrided or even Oxide is like pulling teeth.View attachment 1715745400

Hoping this doesn't turn into just another one of the many make it my damn self if you want it right projects as I'm really busy and like to get stuff off the shelf whenever possible.

Anybody have any good experiences with a Black Lug Nut with good Longevity....Thx!

Just my opinion but I think you are stuck with powder coating a set of Chrome lugnuts. It may still chip but certainly will hold up much better than paint. As Darter suggested, get a lined socket. It may help with keeping the lug nuts from chipping.

-
Back