Any body ever seen one of these?

-

cuda65vpt

cuda65vpt
Reaction score
Another ebay discovery. Way too expensive for me now, but looks really cool. It's supposed to be a Dealer Promo toy of the 64 Barracuda. Does anybody know anything about these? If they are really out there I would like to have one, but not over $200 worth of want.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Dealer...oryZ2592QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's a stolen image, there's others in the listing.

promo.JPG

These things were pretty common in the 60s & I wish I had the 5 or 6 my Dad got for me when I was young. They were so common no one thought ofkeeping them around, now they're like the Holy Grail! These sort of things are still around & you can find them at the parts dept. of the dealerships. I know guys collect them now figuring they'll be worth something......

I used to make model cars before I could afford real ones. These promo models were similar to built up kits, but usually out of a more brittle plastic. You can still find these at toy shows and automotive swap meets, but typically at a premium.

I wish I had that one. I used to have one of a 65 Mustang Fastback when I was a kid. I tore the hell out of it. My brother had one for a 64(?) Ford Fairlane. He might still have it.

-
Back