Any chainsaw / firewood cutting experts on here?

-
Stihl makes good equipment. Took me a bit to get used to the flip up plastic latch thing on the gas and oil caps, I liked the old screw on ones better. I have 2 saws, a trimmer, a leaf blower, and a pole saw. I have always used the stihl grey bottle synthetic oil.... never have a problem with them.

I’ve worked on 2 stroke engines since I was a kid and I have to say stihl knows what they are doing. The dual string trimmer heads are easy to load, and that saw blade attachment is bad ***.

I still fire up the old Mcculloch 10-10 if I’m cutting something big laying on the ground.... just for fun

I still fire up the old Mcculloch 10-10 if I’m cutting something big laying on the ground.... just for fun
I like my little Wild Thang, but was told by my shop the ports aren't chamfered due to cost cutting, so the pistons scuff and don't last long like a better brand. Doesn't have many hours on it. I guess it would make a good bucking/ground saw. Everyone remembers that horrifying moment when the new saw makes its first accidental trip into terra firma...

I got to have a look at mine
its a poulan pro (about the cheapest you can get) but I use it for a downed tree, 4-5 times a year and that's about it

mine is 2 years old and starting to act up, not as easy to start and when it dies, it needs to cool down before it fire back up again

but it also gets put away with however much cheap gas is left in there, so the carb (if it even still has one) is probably gunked up

-
Back