any closet Chevy guys ?

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
I have 2 Chevys coming soon that I need to clean up, get running and sell for a customer. The first one is a 65 Impala SS, 283 2bbl, auto, buckets, console, power steering and brakes, A/C. Its white with a blue interior. The car doesnt seem to be to bad. Interior is all there. Needs a good cleaning and a carpet.

Body needs needs quarters and lower fenders and a wheel house on one side.

Car number 2 is a 60 Bel air. Blue on blue. Straight 6, auto. Interior was redone in non stock material but doesnt look to bad, Body has some filler and surface rust but doesnt look to bad.

Anyone have an idea of the market value for these cars ? Ive done some looking on line and neither seem very valuable.

the 65 ss isn't too bad of a car. not the most popular in the ss line but not too bad. 283 engine dosen't help much. i would guess and say 3000.00 to maybe 7000.00 fixed. the 60 belair only has the fact it is the last of the fin cars. it probably is best used to fix another impala of the same year. 3000.00 tops. i will say this the hood on the 60 weighs a ton if the springs are broken. a friend of mine a long time ago had one and it had a 348 in it. he told me to go and check it out but watch the hood. i went out to look at it and open the hood. when i did it felt like about 150 lb of dead weight. his springs were busted and the hood wouldn't stay up....

I think we would be happy to get $3000 each from them. Not sure if they will even bring that much though. I may need to put a 1/4 panel on the Impala to sell it. They decided to cut the old one off. Hopefully the new one will fit over the hole they cut.

The Bel Air does have a new Gas tank and fuel lines in it.

I must admitt. I like the 65-66 body style. Learned to drive on
a 66 Piscayne. LOL. I grew up in a chevy household. My cousins
were Mopar guys. I guess I got it from them. Anyway, These are
nise cars. If the 62 is a 2dr. Would make a nice 409 clone car.

Its a 60 not a 62. Other wise I would be keeping one and building a super stocker !

I'm not a closet Chevy guy, I'm a closet Ford guy. My first car was a '74 Ford Econoline snub nose van. My second car was the same thing. A couple of weeks ago I couldn't resist a '72 that was one owner, never winter driven for $500! I've been fixing it up a little. SHHHhhh...don't tell anyone!

72.jpg

When I left for the Air Force in 75 I left a 65 SS, 327, auto, white/black interior in perfect condition setting on blocks in a rented garage. I bought the car off a school teacher for $60. It had less then 50,000 on it. When I bought it it was a 6 cyl 3 on the tree, and it was in fact an SS. I saved all the parts when I put the 327 in it....my mother sold the car for $ 45.00 while I was gone. Also love the 62, had 4 hardtops and two convertibles. These were cheap in the 70's..$100. or less. I don't descriminate though, I had a 63 Falcon vert (76 - 78), and now in addition to the Darts I have an 86 Mustang GT with 60,000 on it. I've had this one since '87, and I'm on my 3rd Suburban.

Hey AdamR, send photos for me and i will send them for Finnish chevy freaks, i think that '60 modell is here pretty wanted, '65 impala sounds good also if you are into chevies.

-
Back