any deals on AMD replacement panels???

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
Hey everybody are there any sponsors on this board or any other company that will give some discount on the amd body panels??? I need both quarters and the tailpanel for my Duster? My budget is rapidly shrinking and I am looking to stretch it as far as I can!

Try Stefan from Elite Custom,
here is hius email, I got Duster quarters and other parts from him and his discount was excellent -
Elite Custom Body [[email protected]]

I believe he is a member here also

Yearone.com has AMD panels (thats where I got my tail panel and quarter panels for my 72 duster).

what you do is go to the website,go to the chrysler section, go to body, then add the parts you want to your cart.

then there is a box where you can add a promo code.

the new code for the 4th of july savings sale (effective now) is FJE1 (this will get you 10%-30% off your entire order depending on the part.

there are also 20% off all the time promo codes....one of which I believe is SAVE20 and another that is good on fridays,saturdays and sundays I believe is WEEKEND.

shipping cost is going to be your biggest enemy for the parts just so you know.

also I believe summit racing carries the quarter panels and at a cheaper price but I think they are goodmark steel and not AMD but if you contact someone at year one and tell them summit racing has them for cheaper they should beat that price for you.

a good guy to talk to over at year one that I use to get all my parts is [email protected] ....Send him an email and let him know what your looking for and what discount codes you have and ask him how much more slack he can cut you on the deal (such a large order I am sure he will give you an even better price than just what you would get from a promo code.)

Tell him Jerrod D. from the Mopar Muscle Magazine Young guns contest sent you.

hope that helps

PS......Pat that I refered you to was such a good guy to deal with .....when I ordered my $349.00 tail panel from yearone he price matched a $250.00 EBAY tail panel for me!

not many places you can find that will price match an ebay price!

Looking for any recent AMD discount codes. I wish I would have gone to Year One and just got the quarter skins before I dedicated a ton of time to fix the existing patch put on (circa 1975) from top of wheel arch forward. I need the lower rear quarter patch for both sides and unfortunately Year One only sells full skins and/or full quarters, less than AMD advertises mind you but I don't need this. I'm going to order the trunk extensions from Year One as they sell both sides together for $199 where AMD lists them @ $120 each...

Looking for any recent AMD discount codes. I wish I would have gone to Year One and just got the quarter skins before I dedicated a ton of time to fix the existing patch put on (circa 1975) from top of wheel arch forward. I need the lower rear quarter patch for both sides and unfortunately Year One only sells full skins and/or full quarters, less than AMD advertises mind you but I don't need this. I'm going to order the trunk extensions from Year One as they sell both sides together for $199 where AMD lists them @ $120 each...
i dont know about a 75, but i ordered a rear lower patch panel for a 72 from amd about a month ago. but i'm talking swinger, not duster.

Sorry if I confused. My car is a 73 and the partial panel was installed circa 75.

So, back to my question = any one know of active discount codes for AMD?

I searched and searched yesterday and OMG talk about frustrating and the net was no results unless I wanted to buy something at Macy’s....

So here’s my results trying to deal with AMD. Great and accurate products. However, I went to their on-line catalog and price for one item I wanted was $159.99, a bit high but I figured good stuff. Went to site, logged on and located the part....$184.99! Sent an email asking why the difference and if they could provide a discount code. Received reply, “don’t understand your question? Perhaps you were on someone else’s site.” OMG really? Duh! NOTE: no answer re: discount code = totally ignored... Replied to email with a numbered description of my question including link for their on-line catalog referenced the part number and different prices, and once again asked about discount code. Received reply, “thanks for the link, I understand now. Our IT guy hasn’t had time to update the on-line catalog since the price increase.” That’s it??? Replied, (are we having fun yet? = Not a bit!), OK thanks, while we’ve been emailing I’ve searched other sites, such as; Year One and have found the part I was thinking about ordering from you for 1/2 the price. I understand a price increase may be necessary occasionally, but as a customer your on-line catalog not being current shouldn’t be my problem and this is the third time I’ve asked if there’s a discount code you could provide for my troubles and AMD’s lack of time to update the on-line catalog. Received reply, “We encourage customers to shop other providers, we do not gouge our dealers so you may wish to check their sites for alternative pricing. We do not have discount codes presently, we just finished discount period end of year and don’t have any planned possibly there may be discount offered in the Spring.” WOW!!!

Not trying to bash AMD here, but to me at least, it’s apparent whoever (I’ll not mention his name) is at the other end of the email line, as a representative of AMD, is portraying their “could care less about the little customer” and “our way and price or go elsewhere” attitude. I ordered a pair of trunk extensions from Year One $201 including shipping, will arrive today. I ordered a pair of rear lower quarter patches from NOR/AM Auto Body Parts $218 including shipping, hasn’t shipped yet but should be here next week.

So a little math here:
Shipping not included AMD Year One Nor/AM
Trunk Risers $119.99 (each) $179.98 (pair)
Rear Lower Quarter Patches $189.99 (each) $177.54 (pair)
Total $619.96 Year One + Nor/AM $357.52

Yes that’s $262.44 that I can use somewhere else....
BTW: the AMD quarter sections measure “approx” 14-15” high and stop right at the back of the wheel well. The Nor/AM’s measure 20” tall, have two body lines and stop forward of the wheel well after it drops about 1”.

Rant complete. “Hey AMD, are you listening?” “Getting any of this?” Probably not.

I use Jeff at 521 Restorations for all my AMD stuff. Decent prices and a great guy to boot. He will also take 2% off any order that you don't use a credit card.

I have got good prices on AMD stuff on e-bay, every time Jeg's was the retailer.

-
Back