Any headers that dont "HANG" ???

-
TTIs

IM000160.jpg

IM000159.jpg

IM000088.jpg

IM000965.jpg

IM000964.jpg

I run TTI's on my 69 Dart with a 340 column shift and I have no clearance issues with them.

I was talked into a set of Headmans, I never put any miles on them before I swapped them out for a set of Dougs.

The Headmans
DSC01896.jpg

DSC01914.jpg

The Dougs
DSC01957.jpg

DSC01984.jpg

DSC02010.jpg

DSC02025.jpg

I have headmans on mine right now.....hate them.....they drag the ground just leaving my driveway....

The Dougs look good !! Any issues w/ steering colum/shifting linkage ??

I have headmans on mine right now.....hate them.....they drag the ground just leaving my driveway....

The Dougs look good !! Any issues w/ steering colum/shifting linkage ??

Gosh! You can tell a big difference between the two far as them "hanging".

It is a 727 column shift with 73 and up steering linkage, steering box, pit and idler arms. No issues as of yet. The Dougs just feel into place, it was harder getting the Headmans out than getting the Dougs in. I read a post a while back from someone basically stating they wish they never spent the money on a a set of hookers or heeadmans. I gotta say I feel the same way. The Headmans fit horrible and were a pain to get in and out. We had to dent one of the tubes so they would fit and they were still real tight against the power steering box.

Wow, the Doug's look a lot nicer than I expected. Already bought my TTI's and I'm happy with them, but if I were in the market, I would also consider the Doug's headers.

All the others - Hookers, Cyclone, etc have the same tube bends. All of them fit like crap and hang too low. About everybody with those had a D-shaped tube from banging it off the pavement.

Wow, the Doug's look a lot nicer than I expected. Already bought my TTI's and I'm happy with them, but if I were in the market, I would also consider the Doug's headers.

Welcome to the enlightened world of Dougs headers. There's more than one player in the market that fits right! Plus they are less expensive... double whammy.

Looks like the Dougs don't go around the torsion bar on the driver's side (#7 tube) like the TTIs do correct?

The Dougs look great in there!!!! Could you post some more pictures when you have the steering linkage in place. I really hate my headmans.

I've had a set of Doug Thorleys #153 on my Duster since '94. They fit great, don't hang low at all. The only draw back is the mini starter doesn't fit & to change the starter you have to unbolt the header from the head & tail pipe. When I first got them, they were chrome but they started to turn blue & rust around the collector were the chrome wasn't that good. I had them ceramic coated yrs ago & they still look good. TTI wasn't in business yet when I bought these, so much for doug copying tti.

I've had a set of Doug Thorleys #153 on my Duster since '94. They fit great, don't hang low at all. The only draw back is the mini starter doesn't fit & to change the starter you have to unbolt the header from the head & tail pipe. When I first got them, they were chrome but they started to turn blue & rust around the collector were the chrome wasn't that good. I had them ceramic coated yrs ago & they still look good. TTI wasn't in business yet when I bought these, so much for doug copying tti.

The current 453's don't have that problem with a mini starter. I get it right in and out. Takes a little twisting of the starter to feed it through the tubes.

Yeah, well, they obviously do a piss poor job of getting the word out!

Agreed, the marketing of these headers is not very good. You have a multi-make builder and a one-make builder that floods the market with advertising. If Dougs spent the time to inform Mopar people about the fit of these headers, I'd bet they would sell a boatload more.

Agreed, the marketing of these headers is not very good. You have a multi-make builder and a one-make builder that floods the market with advertising. If Dougs spent the time to inform Mopar people about the fit of these headers, I'd bet they would sell a boatload more.

That is true. I got a set of tti's. Did not know about the Dougs till I joned this site. Ma just have got a set of Dougs insted of the tti's if I had known about them and saved a few bucks. All well.

That is true. I got a set of tti's. Did not know about the Dougs till I joned this site. Ma just have got a set of Dougs insted of the tti's if I had known about them and saved a few bucks. All well.

How did your TTI's fit around the Z bar ?

How did your TTI's fit around the Z bar ?

I have not put them on yet. Hope I don't have any problems in that area. If it does hit the Z bar. I will just modify it like every other thing I have put on the car. So no big deal realy. LOL

-
Back