Any Idea what this is?

-

blue440duster

Reaction score
O.k. so I stored my duster away 23 years ago and tore it down 10 years ago and even though this is my seventh duster I'm still having a liitle brain fade here....... any help would be appreciated

The part in question(1rst & 2nd pic) is dirty/dusty so it probably was an outside part...

3rd pic is my duster in it's current state.... but not for long thanks to the fact that when I worked at a chrysler/plymouth dealer(parts dept.) in the 80's I looked up and ordered up anything that was still available, now year one took care of the rest of the parts.

P1010256.jpg

P1010257.jpg

Duster1.jpg

Dont know what the part i, but love your garage..Man thats my dream garage....

It could be the plate that goes inside your decklid for the hood hinge bolts to screw into. The E-body version is similar.

The floors and walls of your garage remind me of a hospital. Only clean!

That garage is amazing and I love the color of the Duster! What is it? Props to you!

I also think it may be what the deck lid bolts to, on my Duster it slips inside the hinged square tubing.
Love the color of your Duster, what color is it?
C

I actually don't think this has to do with the trunk, as I just put my trunk lid back on a few days ago...that piece looks much different. I could take a pic for you if there's interest... I'm wondering if it has to do with the door hinge?

Looks like the "captured" bolt thingie for the upper door hinge bolts that is supposed to go on the cowl part of the car (under the dash)

Thanks folks for the compliments the garage it was just finished i.e. epoxy floors, painting(walls/ceiling), lights, air lines in the walls ect. when I took the pic I had just rolled the car and equipment in, still have lots to do to it(will post some pics) but the car will be getting some attention to, I haven't driven it since 1986 and I'm getting the itch.

Found the car in 1985 parked out front of a Chris T***'s house, at first I didn't see it... I stopped because there was a plum crazy challenger in the driveway so I knocked on the door and asked if he was interested in selling it, he said no but the duster with the big block was(on a corner lot) so I ended up buying it.
He showed me two other cars in the garage, one was a 71 GTX 440 6pack/auto air grabber in butterscotch color, the other.....get this..... none other than the "Silver Bullet" Harold Sullivan owns it today but what a sight it was when your 19 and stumbling on all this at once, Dave Hakim(Mopar Performance) was the owner of my duster at the time.

For those that may not know the Silver Bullet....
http://greenval.info/magstories/silverbullet/index.htm

I love the color of the Duster! What is it?
B5 blue fire metallic

I agree , not for the deck lid , that has pieces on it to keep it from sliding out of position ... i think ??? ...

That part is located in a place where it would see paint , unless it's off a concourse resto that was painted where there never was paint originally ., inside the deck lids supports would get paint on that piece on both sides like that .

If we had some scale to it maybe that would help. What are the dimensions of this item? What size bolt would fit the captured nuts? Who out there has a duster they can diassemble until they find this part on it?8)

Man...you gotta an awesome garage! What kind of epoxy paint did you use on the floor? It looks great!

Rob

I went out and looked at my partially disassembled Duster and it didn't just jump out at me...... I actually think it goes on the Camaro you are secretly rebuilding... Could it be a console bracket ??? Mine does not have a console so ?????

Sorry about the delay between working lots of hours and procrastinating charging the camera batteries things get out of hand.

Man thats my dream garage....

Mine too

Man...you gotta an awesome garage! What kind of epoxy paint did you use on the floor? It looks great!

Rob
Thanks I had a commercial company do it, I don't recall the actual material, They diamond cut(prep) the floor then prime coat, epoxy coat, color chips and then cleared over all that plus threw down some light aluminum oxide(for nonslip) for about $2400(960sq ft) if I remember right.

Haha I at first thought it was the bracket that your arm rest might screw onto? But I think that's plastic and yours is metal.
Plastic

I love this sort of thing. What is the measurement between to bolt holes? Working on it

P1010258.jpg

P1010259.jpg

-
Back