Any ideas on where I can find a radiator for my '64 Valiant 225?

-

tone007

Reaction score
My old radiator is pretty beat up and clogged, and I'm having a tough time finding a new one. Any hints? eBay only seems to have ones for V8s.

Thanks.

I have one out of my 71 scamp 225. Was definitely not original and is in great shape. Not sure how much shipping would be from NJ 07936, but would let it go cheap as its in my way. Pm me if interested, easier to send pics via email

Don't fret that you can't get factory correct one. Radiators are one of the easier parts to adapt, unless you want a fan shroud too.

My 64 Valiant 225 had a non-factory radiator when I bought it. The core is ~22" W. Could be non-Mopar. I'll try to post a photo when I get home. The stand-off brackets set the core ~1.5" off the front so the 19" opening doesn't mask the core much. No w.p. fan, just an pusher electric fan from a Mercedes. My radiator is likely for a ~72+ slant (26" wide) since the right bracket has a wide block-off plate.

Your slant has 1.5"D tubes on top and bottom. You need a radiator with passenger side bottom tube - slant or early SB (~1970-). The top tube location is best in the center, but could be on the driver's side if you don't have an AC compressor.

-
Back