Any Ideas???

-

shg340

Reaction score
Took the Duster to the strip today and after first pass, opened up hood and around the battery, it looked like oil hand been thrown around. On closer inspection, it seemed to be battery acid. Right up againt the fender lip, it actually ate down to bare metal. The driver fender well has any oily stain all over it as does the front cross member. I didn't run it any more, but she still fired up and ran okay coming home. Nothing else seems to have leaked out after that 30 mile trip. Can a battery discharge like this and not be defective? It is aweful hot down here today-94 or so, but the residue is oily.

I've had the battery since March this year and nothing unusal up to this morning. Took the top caps off and the fluid level looks okay, so I'm not sure if I should take it back to the place I bought it and risk having them look at me as if I'm stupid or if there really is a problem with the battery or something else worng. Anyone got any ideas??

Check for cracks in the battery and recheck the charging system for over charging,then load test the battery to see if it can hold a charge,Mrmopartech

Fluid level in the battery is low, and the seams at the top of the battery apear cracked. Nothing else looks out of wack or low llevel wise.

Go Dart, slip showed 14.65. Not to good, but no to bad considering she's basically stock and weighted down with AC components. No Headers, but they are in the trunk.

-
Back