Any interest in a 8.75 housing

-

1994redram

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a shop here locally in Oklahoma city cutting an E body axle down to A body spec. It should be done today or tomorrow. My question is, is there any demand for a housing that has been cut down? I have another complete 8.75 from a truck or van most likely. It's a 2.7x open diff. So not very desirable, but it's complete and usable. The shop said they would cut it down for me to match my other a body spec housing for a discounted price since the jig and measurments were "fresh in his head". Im guessing I would have to get $400 or so from it to make it worth my time plus the initial cost of the axle. I'm sure shipping would be a pain also. The diff and stock axle shafts could go with the narrowed housing if desired.

I recently purchased a housing that was cut down to "A" specs.Empty with shipping it was $450. The seller was good to include the end studs along with the bearing retainers.But with not enough packing the tube poked a hole thru the box and the parts were lost.I'm sure he didn't make much over cost with the sale. I would think that that is most likely the price range.

-
Back