Any Interest in Road Racing Mopar?

Should we post about a crap box four door corner carver?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
What are the specs on an E58.
double roller chain
What else ?
E58 is the 1978 'Lil Red express spec and used in the police pursuits as well during that era. We have one in a 1980 Dodge aspen at my dad's shop.

I don't have all the specs but I am sure they are readily available.

Greg

What are the specs on an E58.
double roller chain
What else ?
E58 360 prior to 1979 would have 340 automatic cam, windage tray, double roller timing chain, upgraded valve springs, Thermoquad carb.
Piston compression was highly debated as what was stock.
We added KB107 pistons, peened and polished resized rods, zero balanced, high volume oil pump, ARP bolts.

There is a “myth” out there that early 360 blocks had thicker wall blocks. I confirm that my 1970 360 block was sonic checked and my engine builder stated he could bore up to 0100 oversized.

Yeah the legend says that the early 360 blocks, like no later than a ‘71 cast date, were cast off the 340 core. And therefore can take 340 bores.

Which would jive with your engine, since a .1” over bore on a 360 would be a .060” on a 340, which is what I’ve got on my 340. But one engine doesn’t necessarily prove it, could have just been a really nice core.

Yeah the legend says that the early 360 blocks, like no later than a ‘71 cast date, were cast off the 340 core. And therefore can take 340 bores.

Which would jive with your engine, since a .1” over bore on a 360 would be a .060” on a 340, which is what I’ve got on my 340.
How long have you been running 60 over? What is the output roughly on your 340, is it stroked or 3.31

How long have you been running 60 over? What is the output roughly on your 340, is it stroked or 3.31

About 30k miles. I’ve never dynoed it but the math puts it around the 420-430 hp range. Stoke stroke. 9.8:1 compression, Lunati 704 cam, iron 308 heads ported and flow benched at 264 cfm @.500”. Eddy air gap, windage tray, Doug’s 453’s, Holley DP 750.

I run a champion 26” 3 core radiator with the Ford Contour electric fans. Never had an issue with it running hot.

I don’t know what kind of aero mods you’re allowed or are interested in, but the car would probably respond really well to a splitter and solid airdam to replace the airdam you currently have. Both cheaply made out of plywood and some flexible plastic or aluminum.

If its a lemons car.. which it is. Mods are unlimited for Aero.

-
Back