Any lube that would stop front suspension squeaking?

-
A “tick”???
You gotta lot to learn about AZ people.
We’re way more off than that.
my mamma always said to be polite. but she also said them people out in the desert, they're a special kind. they're all crazier than a **** house rat.

Read between the lines dummy, I'm giving it to him for the price of postage, can't give some one something.....ffs
Not sure who the dummy is here, but I like to follow the forum rules. I'm pretty sure that this dummy has provided more valid advise here than the correspondent.

Not sure who the dummy is here, but I like to follow the forum rules. I'm pretty sure that this dummy has provided more valid advise here than the correspondent.
I have seen many posts , Free, pay postage only, And I have sent items under same circumstances.

Not once have I seen moderator step in on a free for postage item. I just happen to have 2 sets of the bushings , and couldn't see how I was ever going to use them, and was waiting for a chance to give them away to someone here.

Who gives a **** that you have
" provided more responses here "

There are no rules that state you can't give someone something for free.
You now apparently see yourself as moderator hopeful.

Last edited:
I agree 100% with diagnosing the problem and finding out exactly where the noise is coming from. It is completely true that rubber begins to deteriorate from day 1 when it's made, just like the inertia ring in a harmonic damper. When I worked at O'Reilly, nearly every single one we ordered in for someone had cracks in the inertia ring from sitting on the shelf for so long. Of course, being crappy made chinkesium didn't help any. Much the same with most front end parts, unfortunately.

Here's what I would do if this was my car. I would get the car up on ramps so the weight will still be on the wheels and it will still squeak. Get you a long 3/8" drive extension and use it as a stethoscope going around at the different pivot points as someone jounces the suspension. All the control arm bushings, strut rod bushings, sway bar bushings if it has one, put it in each ball joint. Even put it on the tie rod ends. Just anywhere any pivoting action takes place. The strut rods don't really pivot, but do them anyway. Trust me. When you get to the offender, you WILL know it. Good luck and keep us posted.

Try something called Slick 50 One Lube, the only place I find it is at Ace Hardware stores. It's a real heavy silicone based lube. After you find some you will use it on everything! It's GOOD ****.

Using something like Slick 50 is good for diagnosing the issue, you spray one joint at a time until you find what’s squeaking. But once you’ve figured out what’s making the noise you either need to use the proper grease, or replace the worn out part.

A rubber bushing shouldn’t need any lubrication if it’s working as designed, nothing is sliding or rotating on two different surfaces so nothing will squeak. A shot of slick 50 will temporarily stop the noise, but it doesn’t solve the problem of the bushing being worn out to make the noise to begin with.

A poly bushing will also stop squeaking if you hit it with slick 50, but again, it’s only going to work temporarily. You need to add the proper poly grease to actually solve the issue long term. Or replace the bushing and grease it, if it’s been squeaking long enough to have deteriorated the bushing.

-
Back