Any newer grand cherokee owners here

-

Russ H

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 2010 or 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with a 5.7 Hemi V-8.

What kind of gas mileages are you actually getting? Any other comments from those who own one of these vehicles would be appreciated.

I'm looking to replace my aging 97 Ford Expedition 5.4 with the GC and am wondering if there will be any difference in fuel use.

Thank you,

Russ

5.7 or Hemi? I don't think you get to pick. :)
My bud has a 5.7 (Hemi) and he loves it. He reports high teens mpg mixed.

The Pentastar V6 is a bit less thirsty.

I am looking to buy a 2010 or 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with a 5.7 V-8 or Hemi.

What kind of gas mileages are you actually getting? Any other comments from those who own one of these vehicles would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Russ

5.7 is hemi, unless you meant 4.7?

fuel mileage with the hemi is terrible, under 15 MPG; 4.7 is slightly better but still under 20 MPG

I had a 2006 hemi grand cherokee limited, that thing drank gas like crazy. Def not something to get if your are concerned with fuel economy. I had that jeep for 1 year, couldn't take it any longer ! My wife just picked up a 2014 grand Cherokee with the 3.6 pentastar, the jeep is a perk of her new job. Curious of the mileage on this one, and hoping it doesn't need cylinder heads !!!

2011 overland 2 wheel drive loaded, 5.7 hemi about 18-19 mpg.

Awesome vehicle! Few problems just a TIPM dealer ended up eating due to mis diagnosis.

80,000 miles and no brakes just basic maintenance.

Thanks guys, I edited my original post to read 5.7 Hemi V-8 and explained that I am looking to replace my old 97 Ford Expedition 5.4 4X4 with the Jeep GC 4WD and was wondering if there will be an actual difference in fuel consumption between the 2.

Thanks to all who replied.

Russ

They both probably get crappy gas mileage but at least the GC will have MDS ON the the HEMI which would be a plus

-
Back