any one from colorado buy from or get service from this guy?he may be a thief!

-

bellroy

Reaction score
A man named Phil Mocon goes by rocky mountain connection in the city of Brighton. Just wondering if this is a honest guy to do business with? IM not sure if he made an honest mistake or tried pulling a fast one on me. Any info would be helpful thanks,

A man named Phil Mocon goes by rocky mountain connection in the city of Brighton. Just wondering if this is a honest guy to do business with? IM not sure if he made an honest mistake or tried pulling a fast one on me. Any info would be helpful thanks,

Brothers, Phil & John. They have been into MOPARS for a long time! I would deal with them.

What are you buying?

I saw his add on craigs list for rebuilding of 8 3/4 rear ends, the gts I just bought had 2000 miles on it and howls like a banshee, you could see a bad wear pattern on it , not deep but not in the right spot either. So I call him up and he says he can reset the gears, they may quiet down they may not for 250 bucks. I figure 250. is better then 1200 for a new center section, so I roll the dice and deliver them to him. While im there we discuss the sets he has for sale some fully rebuilt some partially rebuilt, he wanted 950. for a partially rebuilt chuck, I told him I may as well spend the extra 300 on a brand new unit if im gonna spend 950. he tells me if I decide to buy a new one he will give me 200 for my old one because despite the miss alighned gears its got the good cone style posi unit in it. So I left my chuck with him to re set up the gears and three days later I go to pick it up .When I get there he has 3 center sections in the back of his truck one being my 3:55 unit he says its reset and the pinion was 30 thousandths of an inch out .I liook at my unit and it was the 489 case I gave him but my cone style posi has been replaced with a different one , a inclosed looking drum of a unit. so we look in the other bucket in the back of his truck n low and behold thers my posi unit with new springs in it in another case with 3:91's in it
he tells me the the guy he has build the rear ends made a mistake and put my unit in his other case. im like wait a minute.... you need to take the ring gear off the posi to go from 3:55s to 3:91 how could you possibly make that kind of a mistake. he tells me they did it to make sure thers no metal in the bearings. I been into mopars for over 30 yrs and have owned 48 ofthem andI have NEVER heard of such a thing. I told him I want my posi put back into my rear end. H e tells me I cant get it back for another week because he is leaveing town to a swap meet, wher I belive he was gonna sell my posi for big money.....or could it really have been a mistake?
Either way im pissed I have a car in my garage that I badly need to get out to make room for my superbee, and its gonna be on jack stands for another week. Besides all that am I feeling like paying this guy 250 after he tried to rip me off? will my rearend that I get back be done right after this fiasco? are they gonna take the new parts out of the posi unit and give me back the old parts they took out? will the unit last? WTF should I do?maybe just buy one from randys ring n pinion n be done with it....
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Just my opinion but I'd give him a chance do make things right before I'd call him a thief. Sometimes people make mistakes and how they correct those mistakes says a lot.

This well may of been an honest mistake but I would ask him to let you hold both units until he gets back.

I wouldn't deal with those guys. I've seen their stuff at many swap meets, and they want top dollar for junk parts.
I hope you get your correct parts back. Time will tell.

Doesn't sound like an honest mistake to me, sounds like their trying to screw u.

..................I'm more than alittle leary at this point......so he is worried about metal in ur diff, but what about the 1 he put ur unit on too....if he was that worried he could of gotten ahold of u, explained his fears and said u need new bearings....sounds pretty fishy to me....I would run away...........kim....

as it is now I don't have my rearend and he is out of town for a week..... I think I need to buy a new one..... and just sell the other one for parts

I'm leaning toward the edge of dishonesty here, and you caught him.

I'd be getting my stuff back for sure.

am i the only one thinking a new set of gears was the only thing in order?

250 for a set of gears. Let's see around $250 for setup in most cases

For a nice car

Reset a set of gears that had established a pattern that was already wrong

Maybe for a budget street/race car

Oh I got my rearend back I did buy a new one from Moser that cost me 1600. Bucks. I paid him 250 for the rebuild it looks like I got my correct posi unit back in it the wear pattern on the gears look better. But I think I'm gonna sell it cause my wife drives the car and I don't want to take a chance of the rear end locking up. Bottom line is he tried to pull a fast one on me and I caught him...I will never deal with him again.

-
Back