Any one with 11" rear drums?

-

SwingerMan

Reaction score
We came across another issue that I wanted to see if anyone had. It appears with the SS springs and the 11" drum we cant get the tire into the wheel well even with stands under the frame and the rear axle hanging is any one running 11" drums with 245/60/15's? I am wondering if it will just be better to get a 4.5" pattern 10" drum and scrap the 11" idea. Thoughts?

I have 11"s on my 64 Dart and yep is very hard to get the tires rims on. I have to put stands under the frame and then I take the bumper jack and lift the ody a little more. It is tight but makes it on the 64 Dart.

I have 11"s on my 64 Dart and yep is very hard to get the tires rims on. I have to put stands under the frame and then I take the bumper jack and lift the ody a little more. It is tight but makes it on the 64 Dart.

Thanks for the reply sounds like its def a tight squeeze! The more I think about it the more I am leaning to going back with the 10" stuff and selling the 11" set up.

They are over kill. It is like guys with rear disc. On a small lite A body and any ride about 60%+ of your stopping is the front brakes.

NOW that being said, the larger drums, and disc allow those of us that road race or high speed circle track the cooling needed. I am sure you would be fine with the 10" drums. I recall even 5000 lb new yorker's used 11"s.

you are welcome too!

jack the car up by the diff...if u putting right tire on, put jackstand under left axle tube lower car till it loads the left and unloads the right

If you undo the lower shock nut the rearend will hang lower and it will fit right on. It's only one more nut, no big deal.

Chuck

-
Back