Any Photoshop or artists? A "what if" Q'?

-

dodgedartgt

Reaction score
Hi All,

I saw pics in the last few days of a nice Valiant convertible with a 'cuda face on it. It got me to thinking, and yes, I know, thats a dangerous thing! So anyhow, I have this really rough '64 Dart GT I'm currently working on...

I've seen some Valiants and early 'cudas I've really liked, but have always gravitated toward the Darts. I consider the roofline of the Dart, in comparison to a Valiant, to be much more refined, or even "formal", in appearance. I also like the longer wheelbase of the Darts.

So, how about the idea of a Val or 'cuda front and rear clips on a Dart body? Can anybody work this up?

Thnx in advance,
Mike in FL

The Darts have a better fender line, IMHO - and I have a '65 Valiant and 2 '64 Darts, so I figure I can say what I really think about it. ;-)

there are pics on this or /6 forum of a Dart front on a Barracuda body("Dacuda" by Doug Dutra) , and also a Valiant body with a Barracuda front end, but I haven't seen the combo you are talking about.
vegas-dacuda.jpg

cars003.jpg
???

there are pics on this or /6 forum of a Dart front on a Barracuda body("Dacuda" by Doug Dutra) , and also a Valiant body with a Barracuda front end, but I haven't seen the combo you are talking about. ???
gee. That 64 valiant looks familiar doesn't it Hotlines?

Here is a few front swaps

Attachments

• 3t63s43Jf5Ld5r85tad6l1654b6dc788b19b8.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 220
  • dacuda3.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 73718.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 403
Love the 'cuda with the '64 Dart front clip, nice! I've often wondered what it would take to create a long wheelbase 'cuda. AND, how it would look.

And then I found this thread, http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=95141, which answers half the question. This build is still a short wheelbase, but it does show how they achieved the greater length by moving the entire rear Dart clip onto the 'cuda chassis, from B-pillar to bumper

Actually guys, what I want to see is the opposite of what has been posted so far. I'd like to see the Valiant/'cuda stuff grafted onto the Dart body, ie long wheelbase. The front clip is easy if there are pics of it out there already.

The bigger challenge is to see a Valiant rear clip on a Dart body. Thats where my Photoshop request comes in.

Thnx, and keep 'em comin'!
Mike in FL

if been wanting to put a 65 dart frontend on my cuda with a 63 valiant front bumper. I like the a-body mutts.

Sorry Chuck,

I missed the Allpar link you attached. That is 1/2 of what I was aking, the Valiant front clip. The Dart roofline, IMO, makes the car look more refined. Now, I'd still like to see what a Valiant / 'cuda rear clip looks like attached to that roofline.

BTW, I took a 200+ mile drive yesterday to look at a '66 'cuda as a possible shell / tub donor candidate to do a fastback Dart. I knew it was rough from the pictures I saw. Unfortunately, it was WAY worse. Certainly not worth even a portion of the asking, not sure if any of it is salvageable.

Anymore pics out there?

Mike in FL

-
Back