Any reason for A-Body fans to attend Monterey Car Week?

-

svevobandini

Reaction score
Hey, I just heard about Monterey Car Week happening a couple hours south of me in California. Anyone been there before? Should I make a trip?

I've never been in Monterey during the week, but I can tell you it's HUGE! They have the Monterey Historic Car Races at Laguna Seca all weekend, featuring a marque of the year (Jaguar, Porsche, Mercedes, Bugatti,...). Nearby Pacific Grove hosts a free car show. Lots of auctions: Mecum (on NBC Sports throughout the weekend, Russo and Steele, others, ...
The crown jewel, however, is the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in Carmel. Cars, by invitation only, are judged on the golf course by the ocean. Big names there every year: Stirling Moss, Jay Leno, Mario Andretti, Wayne Carini, Sam Posey, ...
It caters mostly to European cars, but you will find lots of American stuff like Shelby Cobras, Allards (hemi-powered!), Vettes and Mustangs. The Historic Car Races have a Trans Am race. You'll see 70's Challengers and Cuda, Mustangs and Camaros, maybe that one odd Dart or Falcon.
It's on my bucket list.

It's an absolutely beautiful drive/ride on top of all that.
Especially from Monterey south on Hwy 1 down to Morro Bay.
Used to do that trip regularly on motorcycles.

-
Back