Any recommended engine shops in the Akron Ohio area?

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A friend in Akron has some small block W2 heads he needs inspected and quoted for rebuilding. Does anyone know of a good shop that knows Mopar heads in the area?

Thanks

Nick Wilson's Compuflow Performance (Medina,Ohio) was the best, I think, in all of Ohio. He passed away a short while ago and I am unsure if his son-who I might add is a highly capable engine guy in his own rite-still has the shop open. phone # 330-725-7591-was the # I had-again I don't know if they are still open,but if they are,you have found the best. I 'd like to add that they specialized in Mopars

I haven't used him put have had many recommend Toth Performance in Eau Claire, Pennsylvania. Not too far from you but has many years of experience in Mopars.
Check here: Toth Performance

If you feel like driving to the opposite corner of the state (Dayton), there's Kammer & Kammer, Dakota record holders IIRC and lifelong multi-generation Mopar builders.

I do not recommend Kammer & Kammer. I had them do all the machine work on an engine for me once. I measured everything when I got my parts back and upon assembly. Many measurements, clearances and dimensions where not correct. Upon talking to them they got nasty. A fellow racer I know had them build and dyno his engine. First time down the track the engine totally destroyed itself.

First time I've heard that.

You'd think people that have been racing and building engines since the 60's or 70's wouldn't have those issues.

A friend in Akron has some small block W2 heads he needs inspected and quoted for rebuilding. Does anyone know of a good shop that knows Mopar heads in the area?

Thanks
In Akron contact Larry Shepard at Shepard's Automotive at 330-644-2000. He is known for building Hemi engines but he is an expert in all mopar engines.

Larry as in literally "wrote the book" Larry Shepard?

Thank you for all your recommendations. My friend is all set.

-
Back