Any reversed factory manifolds for 6.1 fit a body?

-

goldmember

Reaction score
I'm building a 71 Duster 6.1 turbocharged. Has anyone found factory exhaust manifolds that might fit? Manual steering,no a/c,I can move the alternator. Thanks for any help.

03ramit1 is doing that. Look at all of his posts, he's even got pics with some 5.7 manifolds.

Why do you want to use stock manifolds for a Turbo build? Build some headers the stock 5.7 manifolds for 5.7 are junk.

The 5.7 manifolds will work as long as you flip them from drivers to passanger side, but thehead needs to be drilled and tapped. Personally you should just build from scratch. As there is nothing that actually works well. I fouls that a set of dynatech shorty headers off of a ram will work ifyou cut the flange off and flip it and weld it back on for the passenger side. But the drivers side needs to be fabed there is no way arround it. Unless you again use a stock manifold, but a 5.7 manifold on a 6.1 is a step backwards. For a 6.1 your goingtohave to buy flanges and build your own. Summit has flanges for about $75 each side. That's all I have to offer for you sorry. Hemi, turbo, and a body = $ cubed

So spill it what are the plans? Single? Twin? How much boost? HP goal? What turbo? What are you doing to the motor? Ect. We need details. I'm shooting for a TT 5.7 baised stroker with a pair of precesion 5857 turbos shooting for 1200-1400hp. Currently the car has a mockup motor/727 in place. The rear is a dana60 narrowed with Detroit locker and mosier 35 splin axles. Mini rubbed to stuff In a 31/10.50 Cage is done now we are on to building the intake manifold and plumbing the turbos.

I'm not looking for more that 850hp or so. Stock 6.1 with forged pistons,rod upgrade. Already have a Turbonetics T76/.96 Q trim so I'll give it a try and upgrade if I need to. Fast EFI,2980lb with me Duster,Dana 3.54 gears,street car that may go to test &tune a few times a year.

For that power, I think you can get by with 5.7 manifolds. It'll require more boost to get there, but I vote save the money and try some manifolds. That is, if you have access to free/cheap exhaust manifolds.

Man I can't wait to see pics mine is a 75 duster. Stripped interior, front inner fenders and will have a glass hood, fenders, bumpers, and trunk. I'm hopeing to be about 2800-2900lbs with driver but that's a hefty goal as I'm a light 275lbs. My car will be street legal bairly. Lol I'm planning on driving this monster to work. Now the challenge is to get it up and running. I picked the car up in June of 2010, and have never driven it. Lol

For that power, I think you can get by with 5.7 manifolds. It'll require more boost to get there, but I vote save the money and try some manifolds. That is, if you have access to free/cheap exhaust manifolds.

I just happen to know a guy with a few manifold laying around........

-
Back