any rise against fans

-

macadoo1961

Reaction score
This maybe a dangerous question to ask here on FABO in light of all the recent politics but I gotta ask,anyone else here a Rise Against fan?? Just came back from seeing them in Vancouver tonight. Two thumbs up those guys from Chicago can put on a good show!!

This maybe a dangerous question to ask here on FABO in light of all the recent politics but I gotta ask,anyone else here a Rise Against fan?? Just came back from seeing them in Vancouver tonight. Two thumbs up those guys from Chicago can put on a good show!!

damnright i happened to be listening to re-education when i came across this thread

Rise Against is okay, but also listen up for Against ME!. Their stuff is amazing! Rise Against started bothering me when they started getting all MTVish on us... ya know?

Lemme know if you want me to burn you a cd!!

Rise Against is okay, but also listen up for Against ME!. Their stuff is amazing! Rise Against started bothering me when they started getting all MTVish on us... ya know?

Against ME! is bad-azz! I have seen them twice live at the House of Blues,one of my favorite shows of all time!

Yeah i dig them for sure. His voice is amazing.. first time i saw them live i didnt expect that voice was coming from a skinny white kid! Amazing stuff, and their new cd is pretty good too. Of course, like any snobbish indy kid would say; i dig their older stuff the best. The singer has broken off and done a solo album. Ive been meaning to see what it sounds like, but havent found it yet...

Yes I've heard some Against Me, got a couple of tunes on my mp3 player, never listened to any albums though, I like them,just have never picked up a cd. I know my daughter likes them, she's the reason I started to listen to Rise Against, I know what you mean about the MTV thing, but my kids were stoked to see that the video for Ready to Fall was filmed only 15 minutes from our house and the center of our town was in their DVD, 15 seconds of fame LOL. One thing that kind of bugs me about Rise Against is their support of PETA, I'm in for taking care of our 4 legged friends but their over the top!
Thanks for the heads up I'll have to see what my daughters got of Against Me.

Yeah, I like them, some songs are better than others in my opinion...my favorite songs are probably Prayer of the Refugee, The Good Left Undone, and But Tonight we Dance. Overall I like them, not my favorite band but they are pretty awesome.

Yes I've heard some Against Me, got a couple of tunes on my mp3 player, never listened to any albums though, I like them,just have never picked up a cd. I know my daughter likes them, she's the reason I started to listen to Rise Against, I know what you mean about the MTV thing, but my kids were stoked to see that the video for Ready to Fall was filmed only 15 minutes from our house and the center of our town was in their DVD, 15 seconds of fame LOL. One thing that kind of bugs me about Rise Against is their support of PETA, I'm in for taking care of our 4 legged friends but their over the top!
Thanks for the heads up I'll have to see what my daughters got of Against Me.

Rise against has been cool in the past, and cant beat it when the concert is that close by! A few years back when they were a bit smaller they played at Bottom Of The Hill in San Francisco, and it was really cool, but the fact that they were charging $20 for a tshirt when everyone else charges $10 (and i mean EVERYONE! Its unheard of in the scene to be that pricy for a tshirt) kinda shows what they're there for. BUT their music is really fun to listen to. Another up-and-coming band would be The Lawrence Arms if you havent heard them yet. Again, amazing stuff. They played with Rise Against and Against ME back then.. i tell ya, WHAT A SHOW! Paid $10 bucks for that one.. bet you cant get a ticket for them for less than $40 now...

yes I am but I just missed them in San Jose last Friday.

First time I saw Rise Against was two yrs ago at a little hole in the wall hall/bar called the Pheonix in Seattle, 20bucks and 4 or 5 bands. At the end of the show the fire dept had to be called in because they thought the roof was going to collapse. My daughter bought tickets for this concert we just went to for my b-day and took the ol man, ticks were 36bucks, but still worth it. I guess the price always goes up when success starts knocking!!!!
Crashcaptn, my daughters getting me somemore Against Me music for my MP3 player, more good tunes to listen to while working, thanks for the suggestion!

Great man! Theres some amazing lyrics in there, so listen up!! I've got more suggestions too.. Rise against, Against ME, Lawrence arms, Open Hand, Brand New, Thrice... i got more. ;)

Great man! Theres some amazing lyrics in there, so listen up!! I've got more suggestions too.. Rise against, Against ME, Lawrence arms, Open Hand, Brand New, Thrice... i got more. ;)

Ha,ha, too funny Thrice opened up for Rise Against at sunday nights concert! Don't know any of their stuff but they sounded okay, lead singer did a good solo on his own it was cool. Another smaller band Gas Light Anthem played too, they had potential but their sound system was not good for the arena and did not do them justice.

ive heard OF them, but havent heard their stuff. Thrice got a bit odd lately, BUT if they played any of their older stuff they're awesome!

-
Back