Any runners out there?

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Anybody out there run for fun? I abviously have no choice but to run, but I do it on my own time as well. My current goal is a 5k (3.1 miles) in under 21 minutes. Ran 2 miles yesterday in 13:44. Not my best I haven't been able to run consistantly every day since I got here and everytime I get a schedule I gotta move again. I have been in my current location since Thursday and only ran once but I am going again here in a little bit. All runners chime in and post your best times. Oh and I am currently 29 and I weight 185 at 5 foot 7.

Do not get me wrong here, i will praise anybody that is into any kind of physical fitness, i also have a few friends that are in a running club in our home town , the only thing i keep asking is, why do they have to run on the busy streets right in down town slows everything to a hault , causes accidents ect .

I perfer to run in town also. The main reason is because the roads in town tend to be wider and better kept. I also run for safety, I would rather get hit by a car in town then out in the middle of nowhere and lie in the ditch and no one find me. Plus in town tends to have slower speed limits. And in most towns runners have the right of way as long as they are following the rules there aren't many problems.

Anybody out there run for fun? I abviously have no choice but to run, but I do it on my own time as well. My current goal is a 5k (3.1 miles) in under 21 minutes. Ran 2 miles yesterday in 13:44. Not my best I haven't been able to run consistantly every day since I got here and everytime I get a schedule I gotta move again. I have been in my current location since Thursday and only ran once but I am going again here in a little bit. All runners chime in and post your best times. Oh and I am currently 29 and I weight 185 at 5 foot 7.
Keep at it and enjoy :rock:Me, 53 5'7 at 178 lb's water work out's and my daily walks with my 18 month old boxer I have lost and kept off ten lb's for the last 8 to 10 weeks :colors:, Creed does marathons 5 miles runs to prepare for a 22 mile one about a month ago for breast cancer.

I hated running in formation. I don't run anymore, (and I don't miss it) but when I did, I could go forever, just not very fast. In formation it would seem the jack rabbits were in the front and it would kill me to keep up. I liked it better when we had the "bracket" runs. I would enjoy a 5 miler at my pace better than the 2 1/2 at full bore sprint.
Something that I didn't seem to mind at all, was the road marches. I'd do a 25 mile march then lead the make up/fall out march the next day.
I carry a 12 mile mail route every day, and to be honest with you, it's harder than the road marches.

I'm 50 yo, stand 6'5" at 255 lbs. I'm a diabetic with coronary heart disease!! If I'd had any idea that I was gonna live this long I woulda taken a lot better care of myself when I was younger. Some of you may know the drill, booze,dope and cigarettes. I'm doin what I can to salvage whats left, (LOL) under my Dr's watchful eye I am plodding/running 3.3 miles 3 to 5 times most weeks. My best time to date is 39.30. If I take 4 or 5 days off it jumps back up to 43-44 min.

I haven't ran in formation in probably 4 years or more. Always disliked the slinky effect. But I too can run forever a t slow pace, but I perfer to run as hard and as far as my iPod will take me. I ran my 3.1 mile today in 21:34, that means I only have 35 seconds to drop to be at my goal. BigSlim, losing time is normal. If your body is used to running pretty consistantly it will slow down. I guess I am lucky as I haven't lost too much of my speed over the past 2 months. I am however dissapointed in my 2 mile PT test run time of 13:54. I was running it in 13:30 about 3 years ago. After my surgery last year left me unable to walk normal I haven't rebounded like I wanted too.

-
Back